Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Cooling Fans Going Crazy High

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Engine Cooling Fans Going Crazy High

2013 Ecoboost

My engine fans are going crazy high, pretty much all the time. Even first thing this morning with the engine completely cold, the fans were on almost immediately. My engine temperature gauge is operating normally, and seems to be reading correctly.

It's definitely not normal, and seems to have started after the dealer changed my AC compressor and did TSB 140071 for engine stumbles about 100 miles ago (under 3/36 warranty).

However, I only have 6 miles (yes, I'm at 35,994 miles!) left on my 3/36 warranty. The dealership is 7.1 miles away. I can tow it up there, if necessary, but I'm hoping to not do that.

So, does anyone have any ideas about what could cause this? I'm hoping a loose connector or something simple. I do have a OBDII interface and a laptop with OBDWiz software. My next idea was to poke around in there, and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.

Any ideas?
Old 09-23-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are the cooling fans not included in the powertrain warrany? If they are you have 60K miles on that warranty.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Cooling Fans Going Crazy High

Their are two gray relays for low and high speed on the fans you might of blown one
Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Lots of threads on this. Fans seem to do this after a dealership visit
Old 09-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by StanF
2013 Ecoboost

My engine fans are going crazy high, pretty much all the time. Even first thing this morning with the engine completely cold, the fans were on almost immediately. My engine temperature gauge is operating normally, and seems to be reading correctly.

It's definitely not normal, and seems to have started after the dealer changed my AC compressor and did TSB 140071 for engine stumbles about 100 miles ago (under 3/36 warranty).

However, I only have 6 miles (yes, I'm at 35,994 miles!) left on my 3/36 warranty. The dealership is 7.1 miles away. I can tow it up there, if necessary, but I'm hoping to not do that.

So, does anyone have any ideas about what could cause this? I'm hoping a loose connector or something simple. I do have a OBDII interface and a laptop with OBDWiz software. My next idea was to poke around in there, and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.

Any ideas?
Hi StanF,

I want to dig a little deeper on this. Once you have an appointment set up, please private message me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Quick Reply: Engine Cooling Fans Going Crazy High