Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Exhaust Cutouts

Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 239 Likes on 223 Posts

Default Electric Exhaust Cutouts

Has anyone installed electric exhaust cutouts on the 11 ta 12's? Race Ready Performance claims theirs is gear driven and is adjustable from full clossed to full open or anywhere in between. I'm thinking an exhaust sound tuner, that would be nice.

Last edited by papa tiger; 01-01-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by papa tiger
Has anyone installed electric exhaust cutouts on the 11 ta 12's
I think his name is fla svt or something has one on his raptor he will chime in shortly with details
Old 01-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

These are super popular on the dodge forums. There are several brands but Dave at DMH has one of the better reputations and great CS. With headers, the cutout makes your truck sound like a beast (only when you want it to)

Make sure you buy the y-pipe and just YouTube for sound clips
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

One question....... Why??????

I can see using them on something that makes some serious power and is raced from time to time. And even that is a stretch.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
One question....... Why??????

I can see using them on something that makes some serious power and is raced from time to time. And even that is a stretch.
The same reason Ford puts chrome or painted caps on the mirrors or they offer an upgraded sound system. The cutouts open sound amazing on a V8 but you have the option of making it quiet while driving through your subdivision or downtown
Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by matt99
The same reason Ford puts chrome or painted caps on the mirrors or they offer an upgraded sound system. The cutouts open sound amazing on a V8 but you have the option of making it quiet while driving through your subdivision or downtown

I see Race Ready Performance also has the wireless setup to go switchless in the cab. Nice package, my thoughts. $350 thereabouts total. Has anyone used it yet?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kk_kalina
I think his name is fla svt or something has one on his raptor he will chime in shortly with details
I installed the DMH cut out...Very good product with a 4 year warranty. Yes the sound is amazing. My rig sounds like a trophy truck when that 6.2 spinning around 4-5 grand. My wife hits the switch first thing every time she takes the truck. With the way it is set up I would guess 30% still goes thru your exhaust system so it sounds great. Very mellow actually.

OK...now for the performance....Go over to the Raptorforumz.com site and you will see some time slips with the dump open -vs- closed. you lose performance when open. I think the engine and original exhaust system were tuned pretty well for performance with a certain level of back pressure in mind. I also have a Corsa Cat back system on my rig now and that is also engineered with all the stock systems in mind.

The cut outs are just pure fun...nothing more...You will not go faster or make more power you are actually going to lose torque. But I will never take "it" off.

Notice I said "IT" I am running one. I placed mine after the two pipes came down from the cats and came together into the single 3". (right after the resonator on the Raptor). As for the adjustability...You can open from 0% - 100%. But why would you run them anything but wide open. Mine is hard wired...no wireless remote.

p.s..The stainless Steel turn down did not come with the cutout....I just thought it was sexy
Attached Thumbnails Electric Exhaust Cutouts-dmh-cutout-1.jpg   Electric Exhaust Cutouts-dmh-cutout-3.jpg  

Last edited by FLA-SVT; 01-02-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the info and picture. I like it! Think about coming into the intersection open from a couple blocks away. We all have county stops like that. A nice mellow down shifts in trailer tow every 10 mph. With the new 6 speed and the trailer/tow or M6 it gives a lot of downshifts to work ones way down to. Blum-Blum-Blum- I'm perty much sold on the concept.

Last edited by papa tiger; 01-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 PM

we had a few people dyno on the dodge forums and they had the same results, an actual loss. Of course that all led into the backpressure vs wide open discussion that will go miles further than even a floormat thread
Old 01-02-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by matt99
we had a few people dyno on the dodge forums and they had the same results, an actual loss. Of course that all led into the backpressure vs wide open discussion that will go miles further than even a floormat thread
LMAO...How true.... Funny how people can't just enjoy stuff. I just like the sound. does the loss of couple of HP or Torque really matter? Not for me.

It just sounds cool.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric Exhaust Cutouts