Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Supercharger Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Yeah I don't know sh*t

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Edelbrock Supercharger Installed

Finally got my Edelbrock Supercharger installed. Hardest part was getting the supercharger into engine bay. Definitely a two man job. Drivability is great, normal driving the boost seamless in the background, very smooth. Stand on it and the boost is instant.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

can u hear any whine? and post up a vid if u can
Old 04-05-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

Very nice. The E-Force is a great unit. Very well built. That is what I was going to put on my '06 GT and then on my '12 GT but I never did either. Do have a '92 LX with a Vortech. Someday I will get back into a later model GT and get the Edelbrock one. Enjoy the new power, I bet it is awesome!
Old 04-05-2015, 01:57 PM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

Nice.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

How much hp ?
Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 PM
DBLX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whew! Ive been thinking about it. Please post some results.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:26 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Sweet and looks awesome.
how much did that cost? Have you had it long enough to know how it affected your gas mileage?
Old 04-05-2015, 09:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Also interested in the power/mileage numbers. A video would be nice to see to. I'm very interested in your experience with this as I'm debating on going the route of the BOSS intake setup or the edelbrock supercharger with my 5.0.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Yeah I don't know sh*t

No mileage results yet, hard keeping my foot out of it. I need to reset the mileage to see what I am getting. Requires minimum 91 octane, I am running 93.

Got pulled over yesterday testing it out. Cop walked up and told me I spun the tires through the entire intersection. I said " officer that's impossible because the truck has traction control, I did hear any tires spinning". He replied that's probably because your exhaust is so loud.
He wasn't being cocky, just asked for my info and walked back to the car. He walked back up and told me to just slow it down and have a nice day, no ticket. I have 15+ year clean driving record which probably helped.

I did a lot of research between the Roush and Edelbrock. You can find both the install directions on the web to compare. Most of the things I found on the Roush kit was everyone complained about the roush tune. Now Anderson Ford did a out of the box test on the Edelbrock and it put down 416 HP/457TQ at the wheels.

The install was trouble free, everything is included in the kit. The wiring is a lot better than what is required with the Roush kit. No taking anything apart, all plug and play. Even the heater hose that Roush has you cut and add a section into is a complete factory style replacemnt with formed bends in the Edelbrock kit.

One thing I noticed is that the supercharger took out some of the raspiness of the Solo Mach X exhaust on full throttle.

I am not a fan of a canned tune so currently looking for a local tuner to check it out on the dyno for A/F ratio etc. and get some real results. I downloaded the SCT Live link data logging software and will set it up tonight to see if I can check the A/F ratio myself just to be safe in the meantime.

I have installed a mechanical boost gauge and it's registering over 7 lbs. at WOT. Edelbrock states 5 lbs. with the kit.

At idle and normal driving you cannot hear any blower whine. Once the boost gets over 5 lbs. you can hear the whine in the cab, not sure what it sounds like outside.

Even off idle acceleration feels better than the 93 tow/perf tune I had in it even thou it's not registering any boost at that point.

I'll try to get a few more pic's and some videos posted.

Last edited by Tcgrmt; 04-06-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Yeah I don't know sh*t

Originally Posted by jchop30
Sweet and looks awesome.
how much did that cost? Have you had it long enough to know how it affected your gas mileage?
Paid $5900 shipped thru Colorado Speed, they had a sale.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Supercharger Installed