Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecoboost output higher than Ford claims!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecoboost output higher than Ford claims!

http://youtu.be/u3n2RMhumOc

This shouldn't be a shock. Same thing happened when the twin-turbo BMW 3 series made its debut. Theory was that BMW downplayed the output on the 335 as to not interfere with M3 sales.

Ford may have played the same game of downplaying the output of the Ecoboost so not to interfere with sales of it's 6.2L models. The HP output is almost spot on, but there is quite a variance in the TQ output.

Last edited by Wosby; 12-21-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wosby
http://youtu.be/u3n2RMhumOc

This shouldn't be a shock. Same thing happened when the twin-turbo BMW 3 series made its debut. Theory was that BMW downplayed the output on the 335 as to not interfere with M3 sales.

Ford may have played the same game of downplaying the output of the Ecoboost so not to interfere with sales of it's 6.2L models. The HP output is almost spot on, but there is quite a variance in the TQ output.
OOOoooo GOD help you!! You will soon be blasphemed by the likes of 5.0 and 6.2 owners!! You can NEVER make claims like this, ever, ever, ever!! You must have a written letter of proof from the CEO of Ford and at least 400 engineers that claim this to be true, otherwise, the 5.0 is always better, the 6.2 is better and BOTH will blow the doors off the EcoBoost if you strapped twin turbos, 4 jet packs and 500hp shot of nitro in them!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:08 PM

And that video has already been denied as viable/acceptable proof that the Eco makes those numbers. Believe several folks said it didn't align with the third solar solstice and proper planet alignment configiration when they did that dyno run!! Others say that the tires were improperly inflated, the dyno was tilted forward to give the numbers falsely, and that dyno has been witnessed by several of the foremost experts in dyno runs on this forum and proven to "stack" the numbers higher than is normally expected!! ESPECIALLY when it was used on the EcoBoost motor.

Last edited by medicff0879; 12-21-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by medicff0879
OOOoooo GOD help you!! You will soon be blasphemed by the likes of 5.0 and 6.2 owners!! You can NEVER make claims like this, ever, ever, ever!! You must have a written letter of proof from the CEO of Ford and at least 400 engineers that claim this to be true, otherwise, the 5.0 is always better, the 6.2 is better and BOTH will blow the doors off the EcoBoost if you strapped twin turbos, 4 jet packs and 500hp shot of nitro in them!!
Did I possibly just open up a bag of worms?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 PM

LMAO!! ABSOLUTELY!! I hope they did under rate the HP/Trq numbers on the Eco. However we will have scientific proof from folks that are quantum physicist, nuclear technologist and all have owned at least 9 TT vehicles, 4 corvettes, 7 4x4 trucks and live in a world of sunshine and lollipops where "gas mileage don't mean nothin to them, it's a truck afterall!!"
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 PM

Great post of information that should put a smile on every ecoboost owners face!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Yuuup! Get out the popcorn!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I believe you have, this is going to be a long discussed thread about the eco
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by jchop30
I believe you have, this is going to be a long discussed thread about the eco
Sure is, we will either get links to the other 30 threads stating the ECO makes good power and the following arguments disproving how the ECO is "a great motor" as long as it is not in my truck, because I have a 5.0 or 6.2.

Hell, I wouldn't doubt if we get a molecular breakdown of the inferior polymers that Ford used in the ECO and why it will blow up in 5 years and the motor they used in the "torture test" was actually reinforced with a space age alien metallic resin the guaranteed the motors success!! All this will come from our keyboard scientist and lawyers that will explain it all in great lengths and detail. We will also get to hear their story as to WHY the 5.0 V8 is better in ALL categories of comparison, and why they chose it because they had insider news from a cousins, sisters, brothers, uncle that works at the actual Dearborn plant. LOL!!

I know, goes a "smidgeon" overboard, but it is all for entertainment purposes of course LOL!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

This is really interesting and it does not surprise me at all!!

I am not sure why more here, have not spent about a hundred bucks, and had their EB's Dyno-Tested for true output at a local dyno shop.

A Dyno-Tune will run $300 to $450 or so, but a dyno test will normally run about $100 or even less for two or three runs.

I cannot wait to get my new truck with the EB.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost output higher than Ford claims!