Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy fuel flapper sticking

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Jxp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Easy fuel flapper sticking

Hi all
New to the forum, i have a 2010 f150 with an easy fuel gas filler.

I have about 50 k miles and the truck is great.

I went to put gas in today and i had a heck of a time getting the nozzle to open the filler 'flap' after some messing around, it clicked open and i was able to gas up. I tried after and it did not open as it always has, its like its not releasing.

Have any of you guys had problems with this easy fuel flap? Is there something i can check, or adjust so the spring opens better? I have never had a problem with this until today.

Thanks in advance.... Heres a pic from this winter of my truck...
Attached Thumbnails Easy fuel flapper sticking-image.jpg  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:58 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Welcome to the forum
I have not had a problem and I might just be blowing smoke but I believe the fill cap assembly might be covered by the federal evap. emission warranty.
Also you might try using the plastic funnel that came with the truck push it in and out a few times and see if it clears the problem
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '09 did the same thing a few weeks ago. Called the dealer and they said no warranty but suggested trying the funnel as suggested above. I did that and it worked fine. Went to another gas station and it filled up just fine. I think it was the gas pump with the problem not the truck. By the way changing the tube looked really hard to do so I hope your problem is solved the same way mine was.

Quick Reply: Easy fuel flapper sticking