Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Locker Override Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Going Big Since 1980

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default E-Locker Override Mod?

I would like to mod my FX4 so I can use the ELocker in 2wd....

We have done this on a few Toyota trucks (Simple Wire splice) but Im not sure how to do it on the F-150.

I figure I will need a 4WD switch out of the Raptor so it will actually pull out in 2Hi... Does anybody know what would have to be done to the wiring to make this work correctly?

I think the Raptors stays locked up until 100mph and the FX4 disengages automaticly @ 15mph or something
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Dan

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

i believe it stays locked in till about 25. SWitching the switch doesnt work.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Subscribed...I'd like to know how to do this also.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd do it in a heart beat if someone could figure it out!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dejong1
i believe it stays locked in till about 25. SWitching the switch doesnt work.
Does the raptor lock-in in 2WD with the switch? If so, then why wouldn't the switch work in the fx4?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Dan

Originally Posted by KManuel74
Does the raptor lock-in in 2WD with the switch? If so, then why wouldn't the switch work in the fx4?
yes it does lock in 2wd. Heres a link on the switch.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/200...r-f-150-a.html

google grey wire mod for toyota. toyotas for everone that doesnt know what were talking about.

Isnt the fx4 locker the same as in the raptor anyway?
I bet that a raptor switch and a reprogram from a raptor into our trucks would get the job done. and it would staylocked until 100 mph. pretty awesome. But ford would never do that
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There have been a couple threads on this subject on here, do a search. I too have been trying to get this done since I got my truck and know one has done it yet that I know of. There was one guy that got a raptor switch but it didnt work. Others have said that the signal has to go through the 4WD module, which makes it harder to just wire in your own switch. I want this done so bad, I am going to have the auto electrician take a look at it next week, because I finally got my switches and am in the process of making a switch panel. I am also going to hook up a switch so I can turn off the TCS. I might even wait till I get my oil changed at the end of the month. I am alittle worried about the dealer and warranty after these mods, even so I need to do them because the open diff and TCS make me hate this truck that I love everything else about.

If there is any info that I dont know, or if someone has done this PLEASE speak up. I am going to try to get it to work, but I feel like I am kind of going into it blind because I dont know of anyone that has got the diff locked in 2wd. Even testing it while I am trying is going to be a pain in the a**. Please someone figure this out!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Dan

Originally Posted by crikk
There have been a couple threads on this subject on here, do a search. I too have been trying to get this done since I got my truck and know one has done it yet that I know of. There was one guy that got a raptor switch but it didnt work. Others have said that the signal has to go through the 4WD module, which makes it harder to just wire in your own switch. I want this done so bad, I am going to have the auto electrician take a look at it next week, because I finally got my switches and am in the process of making a switch panel. I am also going to hook up a switch so I can turn off the TCS. I might even wait till I get my oil changed at the end of the month. I am alittle worried about the dealer and warranty after these mods, even so I need to do them because the open diff and TCS make me hate this truck that I love everything else about.

If there is any info that I dont know, or if someone has done this PLEASE speak up. I am going to try to get it to work, but I feel like I am kind of going into it blind because I dont know of anyone that has got the diff locked in 2wd. Even testing it while I am trying is going to be a pain in the a**. Please someone figure this out!!!!!!
Good luck man...

make sure to take pictures and document it all. someone has to be the test guy. keep us posted
Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2011 Lariat F150 on order with the Off Road pkg option , which includes the electronic locking rear differential.

I too would like to be able to engage the rear electronic locking differential in 2wd and also in 4wd and shutting off the TCS would be nice.

Keep us updated on this modification.

Thanks
Deming
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Going Big Since 1980

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im working on it... I'll let you guys know what I come up with!

Quick Reply: E-Locker Override Mod?