Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped the "Nut Clip" in the door!!! Arrrgghh!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dropped the "Nut Clip" in the door!!! Arrrgghh!

Well I did what most do and dropped my nut clip for my driver's door handle inside of the door. I tried fishing it out with a flexibend magnet and I can't find it. It can't even hear it moving around, so I need a new one. Anyone know the ford part number so I order one? I've looked online but can't find anything close. I hope, because it's a common issue someone will know what the part number is... I was replacing my factory speakers with the Infinity References and I also installed the Sound Ordinance B-8PT under the passenger seat. I was looking for more bass and I achieved it, even with the reviews that most were happy with it but others thought it was too boomy. It is boomy, but I wasn't looking for an Earth shattering bass drop. I found that if I put my fade to one below 50% mix that it tones down the sub as I plugged into the front speakers on the PAC. I am also messing with the bass level and the settings on the sub as well as it settles in a bit. Hope someone can help with finding a replacement nut clip. Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:05 AM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

[QUOTE=winks2;2345390]Well I did what most do and dropped my nut clip for my driver's door handle inside of the door. I tried fishing it out with a flexibend magnet and I can't find it. It can't even hear it moving around, so I need a new one. Anyone know the ford part number so I order one? I've looked online but can't find anything close. I hope, because it's a common issue someone will know what the part number is... I was replacing my factory speakers with the Infinity References and I also installed the Sound Ordinance B-8PT under the passenger seat. I was looking for more bass and I achieved it, even with the reviews that most were happy with it but others thought it was too boomy. It is boomy, but I wasn't looking for an Earth shattering bass drop. I found that if I put my fade to one below 50% mix that it tones down the sub as I plugged into the front speakers on the PAC. I am also messing with the bass level and the settings on the sub as well as it settles in a bit. Hope someone can help with finding a replacement nut clip. Thanks guys!!![/QUOTE

]how about trying a shop vac, and duct taping a smaller hose to the large hose and try sucking it up????.......just a thought....LOL
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

lol just installed my tow mirrors the other day and did the exact same thing. i just got some from my local parts store (lordco). i didnt even know what the part was called and with my half *** explantation the guy behind the desk knew exactly what i was talking about. he even had a whole rack of all different sizes right next to where we were standing. it was 1/4 inch if i remember correctly,cost about 3.00 for two clips. i was worried about it rattling around in there but i havent heard anything. not even when i slam the door shut.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 AM
BOOMER-SOONER!!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you not pull back the plastic stuff that is glued to the door and reach in? Thats what I did
Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get it out,I did the same thing... Just peel back the plastic stuff and use a flashlight, if it was on the back doors it probably fell between the door and the little bar inside there you can pull it right out
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I guess I was lucky , I dropped it twice in the same 10 minutes and once could see it, and the other I could not but both times my handy flexible magnet saved the day.

good luck, it's in there.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll have to take a look again, maybe when it's not -50° outside I'm not looking forward to Sunday night as the windchill will be deadly!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 AM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by winks2
I guess I'll have to take a look again, maybe when it's not -50° outside I'm not looking forward to Sunday night as the windchill will be deadly!
wow I sure don't miss those temps, I use to plow up North with my Graders...-50 to -65 ....now it rains in the winter where I'am now,.lol
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 AM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

Received 248 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOMER-Red
Can you not pull back the plastic stuff that is glued to the door and reach in? Thats what I did
^^^^^^ +1^^^^^

Quick Reply: Dropped the "Nut Clip" in the door!!! Arrrgghh!