Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's Door Pull Issue - What's the Service Bulletin Code or Reference?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Driver's Door Pull Issue - What's the Service Bulletin Code or Reference?

Going in for service tomorrow morning (2013 F150) and I mentioned to my Ford Dealership service manager about sometimes needing to pull the driver's side door handle twice and he said he'd never heard of the issue and asked if I could get him info on it.

I know it's been a common complaint, can anyone give me the service bulletin code or refernece info -- if you've had your dealer fix it -- so I can give it to mine?

Otherwise you know the drill... if it don't happen in front of me it doesn't ever happen!

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

null, where you been? Haven't seen you post in awhile. Any way, I don't think there is a tsb or recall. My Wifey's Mustang had the same problem, and of course it wouldn't do it at the dealer. Thank goodness, I have a good service dept., and they took my word. The Service Writer wrote it up as a bad "latch assembly, and Ford took care of the problem. If your dealer doesn't believe you have him call Hilbish Motor Co., in Concord, NC. 704-938-3121, and ask for Terri in the service dept. Ask her what was done to Jimmy Kee's 2013 Mustang. She's a peach, and will tell him.
The following users liked this post:
nullname (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wanted33
null, where you been? Haven't seen you post in awhile. Any way, I don't think there is a tsb or recall. My Wifey's Mustang had the same problem, and of course it wouldn't do it at the dealer. Thank goodness, I have a good service dept., and they took my word. The Service Writer wrote it up as a bad "latch assembly, and Ford took care of the problem. If your dealer doesn't believe you have him call Hilbish Motor Co., in Concord, NC. 704-938-3121, and ask for Terri in the service dept. Ask her what was done to Jimmy Kee's 2013 Mustang. She's a peach, and will tell him.
Thanks Jimmy! I can just picture in my mind the service manager's East Coast attitude, "You want me to do what? I ain't calling nobody!" But I'll try.

I thought I saw a thread that mentioned the service reference or had a copy of the work order for the fix. I just can't seem to find it.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the same problem... seems to happen in warmer weather and if the door has been locked for a couple hours. In the winter it only happened a couple times in the garage, now i'm parking outside most of the time and it's almost a regular thing if left locked for a couple hours. Dealership says they cannot reproduce the problem, even took a video of it happening and they told me that can't confirm it since it didn't happen to them. :s
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Five-0 Ret.

It's so sad they the service guys just can't take the customers word sometimes. I mean, do they think we want to have chit took apart, and worked on for no reason.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Originally Posted by nullname
Thanks Jimmy! I can just picture in my mind the service manager's East Coast attitude, "You want me to do what? I ain't calling nobody!" But I'll try.

I thought I saw a thread that mentioned the service reference or had a copy of the work order for the fix. I just can't seem to find it.

Tell him to not make me have to come there. Just fix the truck, and don't give you no chit.....
Old 05-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happens with my 13 FX4! Such an obnoxious little issue. So are dealers just replacing the latch assembly?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the problem with my ordered 2013 F-150, and the problem was repaired in the first 2 weeks of ownership. The dealer's service department rep had never heard of this particular problem. Before reporting the problem at the dealership, I researched on this forum and found that other people experiencing the same problem reported that their dealership service department replaced one of the following: door lock actuator, locking solenoid, or latch. The service rep was not interested in that information. I handed him the keys to the truck, and then watched him try to enter through the driver's side door. Yep, problem confirmed - the dealership ordered the full latch assembly to make certain that all of the potentially needed parts would be on hand.

This is my write up after the repair:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/2013-f150-mft-184093/
The service department ordered the complete latch kit (or possibly called latch assembly) because they did not know exactly what was causing the problem on the first visit. I told them that I had heard that the problem was caused by a faulty locking solinoid - the service rep more or less brushed off that suggestion. The repair work order from the dealership states, "DRIVERS DOOR INT WILL NOT OPEN FROM THE OUTSIDE. DIAG FOUND DRIVERS DOOR LATCH INOP. REPLACED DRIVERS DOOR LATCH TO CORRECT CONCERN. TEST GOOD."

The problem was getting progressively worse while I waited for the repair parts to arrive at the dealership. Three or possibly four pulls of the door handle were required to be able to enter the vehicle on the day of the repair, while it was a consistent two pulls when the parts were ordered a couple of days earlier.
Good luck.

Last edited by ComputerGuy; 05-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 PM

Everyone thank you! I had my service appointment this morning at 7:30AM and the manager assured me that if anyone else was having the same issue with the double handle pull it would be in the Ford Oasis computer system.

45 minutes later, after my oil was changed, filter replaced, tires rotated and the mechanic put beer farts in the driver's seat of my F150 Platinum, the service manager said no one else has reported the problem and it's not in the Oasis computer system, so sorry.

Next he said the service would be $59 for the oil, filter, rotation and beer farts. Then I pulled out a $30 coupon and paid only $29.

That was my morning.

Originally Posted by ComputerGuy
I had the problem with my ordered 2013 F-150, and the problem was repaired in the first 2 weeks of ownership. The dealer's service department rep had never heard of this particular problem. Before reporting the problem at the dealership, I researched on this forum and found that other people experiencing the same problem reported that their dealership service department replaced one of the following: door lock actuator, locking solenoid, or latch. The service rep was not interested in that information. I handed him the keys to the truck, and then watched him try to enter through the driver's side door. Yep, problem confirmed - the dealership ordered the full latch assembly to make certain that all of the potentially needed parts would be on hand.

This is my write up after the repair:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/2013-f150-mft-184093/
The service department ordered the complete latch kit (or possibly called latch assembly) because they did not know exactly what was causing the problem on the first visit. I told them that I had heard that the problem was caused by a faulty locking solinoid - the service rep more or less brushed off that suggestion. The repair work order from the dealership states, "DRIVERS DOOR INT WILL NOT OPEN FROM THE OUTSIDE. DIAG FOUND DRIVERS DOOR LATCH INOP. REPLACED DRIVERS DOOR LATCH TO CORRECT CONCERN. TEST GOOD."

The problem was getting progressively worse while I waited for the repair parts to arrive at the dealership. Three or possibly four pulls of the door handle were required to be able to enter the vehicle on the day of the repair, while it was a consistent two pulls when the parts were ordered a couple of days earlier.
Good luck.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Five-0 Ret.

OK Null, you tell him I said he was full of chit, and call me if he don't like it. I'll PM you my phone number. People like him just **** me off. There no reason he can't find the repairs in the reports, or maybe he's just too damn stupid to see.

If I were you I would call the Ford customer rep. in your area. Maybe your sales person can help. The young man who sold me mine told me if I ever had any problems that can't be solved to let him know. Don't let that ***** sleep till it's fixed.

Last edited by Wanted33; 05-11-2013 at 05:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nullname (05-11-2013)

Quick Reply: Driver's Door Pull Issue - What's the Service Bulletin Code or Reference?