Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side power seat dead on one side?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver side power seat dead on one side?

2011 Can't move my seat forward or backward. Only the right side moves. Left side is stuck as if something is jamming it. Rails are clear not sure what the deal is. Anyone else experienced this? Only 10k miles so it's warranty but can't see dealer til tuesday and would rather not take it to them for 2 days if I can avoid it. I noticed there was a connector hanging under the seat on the door side of the driver seat. It's a cable right next to the yellow connector and its about 2.5" long and kinda skinny. Looks like it snapped off of a connection but couldn't find where it fit. Wish I had a picture. I'll take one in the light tmro. Thanks for any help.
The following users liked this post:
Ebeard (08-08-2022)
Old 05-16-2016, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you ever find the problem? I have the same.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:18 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusher10
did you ever find the problem? I have the same.
Original poster has not been active since 2013.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Pictures of power seat controls

I know this post is old but I just fixed a problem with my seat and I wanted to post pictures in a few places. I've been using forums like this for a long time and gotten a ton of help. Now I can give something back.

The power seat in my F-150 was moving in only one of the six directions. So I decided to rip the side cover off. See picture 1. As it turns out the **** for the lumbar support is held in place by one of those damn horseshoe-shaped clips. If you've worked on American cars with manual windows you know them.

Underneath the cover everything was hanging loose, picture 2. This is because the decorative side cover was broken away from the seat in more than one place (look near the screwdriver.) I found out how that happened accidentally one day. I was getting out of the truck and my sliding off the seat caused the seat cushioning to put enough pressure on the trim piece to snap it outward. I weigh 175 lbs, not 475. Not good, Ford.

Picture 3 shows the power seat control switches. In my truck the seat moves 6 ways. There are 3 motors, each one moving clockwise and counterclockwise. In the picture you see 3 switches (the black rectangles) on one PCB.

I drew on picture 4 to show you how the switches move. The setup is very low tech. The little teeth on the switches (6 teeth on each switch) fit into the backside of the power seat rocker arm thing (the part that you touch to move the seat.) The three switches, their circuit board, and their huge power connector are all one unit. It snaps into the black piece - the back of the power seat control rocker arm - that you can see in picture 4 and 1.

The problem in my truck was when you get out the seat distends so much that everything on the left side breaks and unsnaps. All I had to do was get the switches to snap back into their proper place in the controls and everything worked again.
Attached Thumbnails Driver side power seat dead on one side?-power-seat-01b.jpg   Driver side power seat dead on one side?-power-seat-02b.jpg   Driver side power seat dead on one side?-power-seat-03b.jpg   Driver side power seat dead on one side?-power-seat-controls-b.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
steezmagee (01-13-2024)
Old 12-11-2016, 01:53 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

I hope I never need this information...

Thanks for posting!

Quick Reply: Driver side power seat dead on one side?