Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Jar/Rattle. Rubber stop fix?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Door Jar/Rattle. Rubber stop fix?

Hello all,

I have been researching an annoyance I have had with my 11 screw for some time. When hitting bumps in the highway and such it drives me nuts how the doors seem to rattle around so much its like they bounce off the cab or hit it. So every decent bump the doors just make this flailing sound like they are about to fall off. Drives me nuts and makes the truck sound so cheap. With the addition of LT tires and coil overs it's even worse.

I have been reading up on a lot of older forums for the older body styles that they were fixing this with new door rubber bumpers using part:# W705903-S300 that is a solid piece and not hollow keeping it from mushrooming. Is anyone with newer trucks 11 and up doing this or know if this part fits? I have heard some mention they have a total of 6 of these but I can only find 4, one per door on my screw.

I have also heard mention of putting a rubber hose inside the door seal and some other things but again, all for 06-08 trucks.

I would love to hear of any success story's in how to resolve this on newer rigs. My brother has a 12 and does the same exact thing.

Thanks so much for any help..

Last edited by Solar07; 09-29-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:35 PM

P.s. this is different than cables and such rattling. This is the while door moving around.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Solar07
Hello all,

I have been researching an annoyance I have had with my 11 screw for some time. When hitting bumps in the highway and such it drives me nuts how the doors seem to rattle around so much its like they bounce off the cab or hit it. So every decent bump the doors just make this flailing sound like they are about to fall off. Drives me nuts and makes the truck sound so cheap. With the addition of LT tires and coil overs it's even worse.

I have been reading up on a lot of older forums for the older body styles that they were fixing this with new door rubber bumpers using part:# W705903-S300 that is a solid piece and not hollow keeping it from mushrooming. Is anyone with newer trucks 11 and up doing this or know if this part fits? I have heard some mention they have a total of 6 of these but I can only find 4, one per door on my screw.

I have also heard mention of putting a rubber hose inside the door seal and some other things but again, all for 06-08 trucks.

I would love to hear of any success story's in how to resolve this on newer rigs. My brother has a 12 and does the same exact thing.

Thanks so much for any help..
There is a good thread on this somewhere in here. Give me a little bit and I'll try to find it. I need to find it anyway because both of my front doors are doing the same thing, and it pisses me off. I'll let you know what I find
Old 09-29-2015, 05:29 PM

Here you go...
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/door-p...le-fix-269251/
Old 09-29-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by flyinpig14
I appreciate the lookup and I will certainly do this just to eliminate any rattles I have let in those pesky doors, however, the issue I am trying to solve is the movement of the whole door itself. When going over bug bumps or like train tracks, the door literally moves around and thuds up against the cab of the truck. It isn't a rattle, more of a thunder as the doors jiggle around (the whole metal door). I know some of the 06-08 guys fixed this with rubber bump stops and adding hose to the door seal to snug the door up. I wondered if any 09 and up guys had done this and if the parts were still being used.

Thanks again though. Good find!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:36 PM

I appreciate the lookup and I will certainly do this just to eliminate any rattles I have let in those pesky doors, however, the issue I am trying to solve is the movement of the whole door itself. When going over bug bumps or like train tracks, the door literally moves around and thuds up against the cab of the truck. It isn't a rattle, more of a thunder as the doors jiggle around (the whole metal door). I know some of the 06-08 guys fixed this with rubber bump stops and adding hose to the door seal to snug the door up. I wondered if any 09 and up guys had done this and if the parts were still being used.

Thanks again though. Good find!
Ohhh sorry.. yeah I'm not sure about that! Good luck.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

While unsure if it is similar to your experience... My back passenger door used to "rattler" / bump and after seeing another thread I realized it did not have the rubber bumpers at the top of the door. Some jack *** in the QC line missed the fact that they simply painted over a piece of glued in styrofoam. Driver side rear was fine with a bumper installed. I bought a bunch, forgot part number but will look it up when I get home, and installed it. No more rattle/bump. My truck is a 2010

**edit. Just checked through email. They are the bumpers that you referenced in your original post

Last edited by ABN Panzer; 09-29-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ABN Panzer
While unsure if it is similar to your experience... My back passenger door used to "rattler" / bump and after seeing another thread I realized it did not have the rubber bumpers at the top of the door. Some jack *** in the QC line missed the fact that they simply painted over a piece of glued in styrofoam. Driver side rear was fine with a bumper installed. I bought a bunch, forgot part number but will look it up when I get home, and installed it. No more rattle/bump. My truck is a 2010

**edit. Just checked through email. They are the bumpers that you referenced in your original post
So how many total do you have? One on each door?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:51 PM
JJM

Received 180 Likes on 136 Posts

My old work truck did this. It needed a new latch mechanism. Sounded like the door wasn't closed all the way when going over a rough road.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

So how many total do you have? One on each door?
Yes. 1per door.

Quick Reply: Door Jar/Rattle. Rubber stop fix?