Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissabling Traction Control

Old 10-23-2015, 01:56 PM

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Dissabling Traction Control

I hate starting a new thread, as I know this has been addressed previously, however I cannot locate those threads though Google or through the worthless search feature within this forum.

I remember seeing someone write up a diagram on how to run a switch around the traction control. As the cold weather is getting closer and snow covered parking lots will be a thing again, I would like to run a switch into the cab to kill the fuse that controls abs/traction/stability.

Can anyone locate that thread, or is anyone savvy enough to explain how I can run a switch to cut power to that fuse only?

The goal is to have a switch in the cab to completely disable the safety system. I dislike that the system will come back on at 30mph wheel spin and take over even after I have told it to turn off traction and stability control.

Thank you for any help you all may be able to lend! And again sorry for starting a new thread that has been discussed elsewhere. If someone could fix the search feature in this forum I am sure many of us would celebrate.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 158 Likes on 134 Posts

i heard fuse 36. but it also disables abs. so dont roll down the road with it out
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/need-n...t-time-316769/
Old 10-23-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts

Pull 47 under the hood if you want the e locker to work and deal with the abs ( although non functioning) impeding braking if the tires do happen to skid. If you pull 36 everything dies but you have no electric locker either unless you chose to put it on a switch of your own. I drove for about 10000 miles with 47 pulled but I didn't like what the brakes did so I put it back in. Pulling 36 and hotwiring the locker is the safest situation as you can just drive it like a non abs brake equipped truck.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:57 PM

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts

Thank you for the prompt replys, this is the first truck I have owned with ABS so I am used to not relying on it. Although now that I have it, I do agree, I rather keep it on when on the street with other drivers. I don't mind when people do dumb things that only affect them, but it annoys me when seeing stupid things that risk the safety of others.

I know I could get out, pull the fuse, play, then get out, put the fuse back, before getting to the street again. However I would much prefer a switch on the interior to just disable it for a few minutes of fun and then turn it all back on.

What I am really looking for here is an idea of how to run a switch off of the fuse to accomplish this. I do not have an E-locker, so nothing else is connected to that fuse. I can figure out how to run the switch into the cab easy enough on my own, although advice is always appreciated for those that have done it before with extra lighting or other projects.

Thank you again anyone that posts or has any advice,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dissabling Traction Control