Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed by my Anzo's

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Disappointed by my Anzo's

I ordered my Anzo headlights and LED tail lights. Of course, they were shipped at the same time so I got my tail lights first and put them on. As far as ease of installation, I don't think you could beat it and they looked AWESOME. It rained really good that night. The next day, they both had about two inches of water and were foggy. I know I had the backup light put in correctly with the rubber gasket but the water should have NEVER gotten that far into them. Took 'em off, dried them out and put 'em back in. Rained again a few days later and the same thing. I sent an E-mail to Anzo and within two weeks, they only thing they had to say was "who did you buy them from" and that was it. Fine, return. I got my headlights a few days later. Again, real easy to install. Passenger side hooked up, looked awesome. Driver side? Not so much. Both halo lights weren't working. This time, a call to Anzo and all I got was "maybe you should buy from someone else." Really?! Don't they sell the same product? It's not like any of the boxes were damaged.

I think I'll take Anzo's advise and buy from someone different, along with Recon instead of Anzo. Anzo's customer service is USELESS.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:41 PM

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Why not use the nice looking factory lights that are developed to meet stringent specs such as not letting water in, instead of ricing your truck up with something called Anzo?
The following 2 users liked this post by spdmpo:
EasternAirlineKenny (11-15-2013), yotehunter (12-10-2013)
Old 03-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like another case of unnecesssry spending and preventable stress.
The following users liked this post:
yotehunter (12-10-2013)
Old 03-11-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

Why were you dissapointed by the oem factory heads and tails? That is the question.....?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

Try Spyder heads and tails, not a single issue with mine, they are a little cheaper than Recons.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:25 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

I have spyders and they have the same issue, only through car washes though, not on rain, but also get full of dust down dirt roads. however I'm going to take them off, take them apart and clean them and them silicone them back together. If you already sent yours back I would get recons, they might cost more but I haven't heard of anyone with problems with them. I bought mine in a going out of business sale so I can't return them, should be easy enough to fix, other than a waste of my time.

Oh and led tails are 1000x cooler than OEM, so are hid heads.

Last edited by SultanGris; 03-11-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spdmpo
Why not use the nice looking factory lights that are developed to meet stringent specs such as not letting water in, instead of ricing your truck up with something called Anzo?
x2.. Could not have said it better myself
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spdmpo
The only factory lights in these trucks that look good, are the FX4/HD heads and tails; second of all the factory tails are already ricey...they are
basically rip-off's of the eurolights ppl have ricing up their their vehicles with since "The Fast and the Furious" came out.
I dont understand why people on these sites rag on others for doing certain mods to their own trucks, maybe the OP likes the look of aftermarket lights? As far as i can tell he was just ranting a bit, not asking for opinions, especially negative ones.

If you bought the lights with a credit card, file a complaint with your cc company, and explain the issue to them. If your lights are getting water in them, its probably could be said that they are "not as advertised", and they might be able to settle things up for ya.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

I was debating whether I should buy some Anzo tails and I finally decided that I would put in the order this week. I'm glad I came across this thread before I ordered them lol. Had them in my old frontier and had the same problem with water and fogging. I thought they would've fixed the problems by now...guess not. I guess I'll just pick up a pair of HD tails. I can't stand the chrome trim on my current ones.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

They're actually pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Disappointed by my Anzo's