Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dim instrument panel lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dim instrument panel lights?

I usually don't drive my truck at night, but did tonight. The instrument panel lights don't seem to be very bright when driving, and I have the control adjusted to the brightest setting. When I turn off the key the dome lights come on and the instrument panel lights get brighter than when the ignition and headlights are on. It would be great if they were that bright when driving. Is this normal?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT150
I usually don't drive my truck at night, but did tonight. The instrument panel lights don't seem to be very bright when driving, and I have the control adjusted to the brightest setting. When I turn off the key the dome lights come on and the instrument panel lights get brighter than when the ignition and headlights are on. It would be great if they were that bright when driving. Is this normal?
Yes, all is normal. To me they're pretty bright at night when turned all the way up.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to Ford going with the bright-*** blue and white panel lights i find it way too bright even on the lowest setting at night on the highway.
Of course my last 2 vehicles before that had red lighting for the clusters, and i found that to be perfect for my eyes.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I turn my lights to the lowest setting while driving open roads at night.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Hard Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone experiencing the dash cluster lighting up randomly during daytime driving?
Old 08-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CoreyBHFX4
Anyone experiencing the dash cluster lighting up randomly during daytime driving?
Yes, I thought it was just the lights coming on and off? Yesterday it was raining here and they would get brighter or dimmer depending on when the lights were on. Like when a bit of sun came through the clouds for a bit.

Is there any other way to tell if the head lights are on other than the brightness of the cluster/radio buttons lit up? I am about to give up on the auto lights, always hated that feature since I think it makes a complacent driver and dangerous to get out of the habit of making sure your lights are on when needed. I was trying to see if it was worth giving them a try in this truck but was hard to tell in some lighting if they were on or off.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there any other way to tell if the head lights are on other than the brightness of the cluster/radio buttons lit up?

I keep the **** pulled out for the fogs, that way I can look and see if that symbol is on or off.
The following users liked this post:
dajohu (08-17-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Gauge Light

My fuel gauge arm has been illuminating intermittently on my 2011 F-150 XLT. I took it to Fette Ford (Clifton, NJ) and they had to order a new instrument cluster. They said it's not a bulb replacement. Dropped the car off yesterday and it will be ready tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyd1016
I keep the **** pulled out for the fogs, that way I can look and see if that symbol is on or off.
Took me a while to find this post again. Thanks man, this works great and now I see what you mean by it working. The indicator is an amber color, very obvious if your lights are on or not during those times when it's hard to tell (dawn, dusk, clouds etc)

Quick Reply: Dim instrument panel lights?