Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delearship service department rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts

I have a few complaints about dealerships in my area and recommend taking your future purchase and vehicle services elsewhere in the DFW then these places. 1. Autonation Ford in Burleson. My F-250 has been there for several issues. One being the A/C not blowing cold air. The truck was there for a week. Asked to have the a/c fixed, trailer light wiring harness, and backup sensors were both intermittent as well. Picked the truck up, and none of the issues were fixed. The A/C was blowing hotter inside the truck then the 100F air outside was that day. Took the truck back and the a/c was fixed. But that is all. If you can't tell the a/c isn't working properly by it blowing hot air, I'm not sure how you put pants on in the morning without killing yourself. 2. Rockwall Ford Called Rockwall Ford on a Saturday morning and I asked if I could have my sync update checked. The grumpy old man had no desire to help. He said that ther are never any sync updates. And that I wouldn't be able to take my pickup in for the regular maintenance that week. I drove straight there and spoke to an even more unfriendly Service Manager. I demanded my sync be checked and there was an update on it. Also asked them to do the maintenance on the truck. I paid for a service program when I purchased the F-150. I know for a fact they didn't rotate the tires. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to not even change the oil. I called today to ask for a spare key to my F-250 and they pretty much told me they didn't want to do it and to take it elsewhere. I expect to be treated like a Ford customer and not as a dealership customer. It shouldn't matter where I purchase the Ford truck.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

I must be one of the lucky ones around here. My dealership always takes care of me in a timely and professional manner. Although I did purchase my truck from them. I always shop around and tell them that im doing so when its time to buy. So far they have always had the best price.

These "gem" dealerships seem to be few and far between which is really sad.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Howler
I must be one of the lucky ones around here. My dealership always takes care of me in a timely and professional manner. Although I did purchase my truck from them. I always shop around and tell them that im doing so when its time to buy. So far they have always had the best price. These "gem" dealerships seem to be few and far between which is really sad.

I agree with you. Do you mind naming the dealership you use?
Old 10-03-2014, 11:00 AM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by OilFieldCash
I agree with you. Do you mind naming the dealership you use?

I'd be happy too but being out here in the boonies it probably wont help many.

Pierson Ford
Aberdeen SD
Old 10-03-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Its really upsetting to hear complaints like this about dealerships. If i were you i would call corporate and let them know then write a letter to the executives explaining your experience just to see if they will lite a fire under their ***. Who knows maybe they will try to do something for you to make amends. All that said definitely go to the higher ups on this.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I must be one of the lucky ones around here. My dealership always takes care of me in a timely and professional manner. Although I did purchase my truck from them. I always shop around and tell them that im doing so when its time to buy. So far they have always had the best price.

I drive 30 mins to a dealership bypassing another because of their service. Nice people, comfortable waiting room, snacks, etc. Ive sent numerous people their way.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 AM

I'd be happy too but being out here in the boonies it probably wont help many. Pierson Ford Aberdeen SD
Thanks. I got to North and South Dakota some for work. I'll make sure to use them if I'm in the area.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

I can't find any good dealers around here either. Bill utter Ford is okay. 5 star ford is a bunch of incompetent idiots. Never dealt with their service though.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

I have a good dealership by as well. Superior ford in plymouth, mn.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Houbezra
Its really upsetting to hear complaints like this about dealerships. If i were you i would call corporate and let them know then write a letter to the executives explaining your experience just to see if they will lite a fire under their ***. Who knows maybe they will try to do something for you to make amends. All that said definitely go to the higher ups on this.
Yes, do this. If they are as bad as you say there are probably other complaints. Rack them up and maybe they will get some heat from ford and get their crap together.

Quick Reply: Delearship service department rant