Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deaver springs- best place to buy?

Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Deaver springs- best place to buy?

I'm planning on installing a 4" suspension lift on my truck in the next couple of months. I want to replace my rear leafs with a set of Deavers. Is there a better place to order from aside from Deaver directly that would result in a better price? I want to eliminate the block completely, so I would need them built to lift more than stock.

Does anyone know if the Raptor uses the same springs? I see taller sets of springs for sale all over for the raptor but not f-150.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

The raptor and f150 are interchangeable. So any of the +2" deaver sets will fit your truck and lift it 2". Another option is atlas spring as they make full replacement springs in any height you want for close to 1/2 the price of deavers. No need to pay the raptor tax on parts.
The following users liked this post:
TexasFireF150 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 PM

Is the quality the same as Deaver? I've never owned either, so personally have nothing to compare to. Just don't want to buy something that will start sagging within a couple months. Plan to run airbags with Daystar cups to use when towing or hauling loads.

Would you just buy the Atlas springs direct?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:16 AM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Go straight to Deaver. I run custom deavers on my 2005 with a 10" Rize lift, then swapped to custom national springs, then back to deavers with a small block setup. I quoted atlas but they where much higher than the others, but that was 10+ years ago. I have custom built 8" lift 5 leaf packs with no overload. With the arch of the springs, the measurements came out perfectly level for a 10" lift. stretching those springs for install was a trip too.

if you plan on towing they can factor that into the build. Mine where built for on road comfort and off road flexibility. They also won't sag, you will have to stretch them to install. FYI, don't order '4" lift springs', they will give you 6" of lift.. give the spring company the measurements and type of lift and let them spec the build. I have seen people call up spring companies and order springs for the exact size lift and. It take any measurements... never ends up good.

Last edited by FX4life; 03-21-2017 at 12:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KYmxracer52 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by FX4life
Go straight to Deaver. I run custom deavers on my 2005 with a 10" Rize lift, then swapped to custom national springs, then back to deavers with a small block setup. I quoted atlas but they where much higher than the others, but that was 10+ years ago. I have custom built 8" lift 5 leaf packs with no overload. With the arch of the springs, the measurements came out perfectly level for a 10" lift. stretching those springs for install was a trip too.

if you plan on towing they can factor that into the build. Mine where all for on road comfort and off road flexibility. They also won't sag, you will have to stretch them to install.
Thanks for the good info! Did you have any sagging with the Deavers? I'm looking for the utmost on-road comfort and ability to flex while using King suspension valved for on-road.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by KYmxracer52
Thanks for the good info! Did you have any sagging with the Deavers? I'm looking for the utmost on-road comfort and ability to flex while using King suspension valved for on-road.

no sagging over about 75k miles, also run king 2.5 PB rears and king 2.5 16" coilovers up front. The truck never really towed after we turned it into a show piece, but was carrying a sizable payload road tripping show to show. I'll try to find some pictures of both setups.

Last edited by FX4life; 03-21-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:41 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

When I ordered my Deavers (from Deaver), I asked "how much should I expect these springs to sag over time?". Scott @ Deaver replied "if your Deavers EVER sag, then I've failed to do my job."

I bit the bullet and ordered my Deavers... ("but the best and cry once")

An 11-leaf pack is impressive, and they ride like a dream. I just did Mengel and Steel Pass(es) in Death Valley, and the flex of the rear is impressive as well. Call me a satisfied customer.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:14 AM
Blackout

Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts

When I ordered my springs, Deaver was the only one that actually had them in stock so I just ordered directly from them.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by STingray1300
When I ordered my Deavers (from Deaver), I asked "how much should I expect these springs to sag over time?". Scott @ Deaver replied "if your Deavers EVER sag, then I've failed to do my job."
That sounds like the kind of person I want to do business with. Looks like I'll just order direct. At least I can get the exact lift height I want without using a block.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4life

if you plan on towing they can factor that into the build. Mine where built for on road comfort and off road flexibility. They also won't sag, you will have to stretch them to install. FYI, don't order '4" lift springs', they will give you 6" of lift.. give the spring company the measurements and type of lift and let them spec the build. I have seen people call up spring companies and order springs for the exact size lift and. It take any measurements... never ends up good.
What did you pay $

Last edited by JSTruck; 04-23-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Search this Thread