Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Scratched my Rims

Old 11-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dealer Scratched my Rims

Well I went ahead to my local dealer today for a oil change, and tire rotation. And what do you know when I get my truck back, my rim has three chunks taken out of it. I went back in to speak with the service manager, and he tried telling me it was already there and probably rocks on the road caused the damage.

I insisted a rock would not dent the rim and take chunks out, and that the tech did it while rotating my tires. Ultimately the service manager said he is not fixing it.

Do I have any recourse at all besides the better business bureau? I am pretty livid, and want my rim replaced. Any ideas would be appreciated
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 PM

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

They did this to me too. Once I saw it, I didn't even bother going back and complaining because I knew they wouldn't take the blame.. It just annoys me how they treat the trucks like crap while we think we're doing the right thing bringing it to them.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Received 125 Likes on 69 Posts

talk to the dealerships owner.

if they deny it key their prize vehicle---teach them a lesson----dealers are getting pathetic
Old 11-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

anybody that would key a vehicle is a coward and a cheat. if i saw somebody key a vehicle i would knock them on their *** and detain the chicken ****. i have had my wifes car keyed at the High School she worked at. she could not prove who did it but about 3 days earlier she was going in teachers door and there were 3 teenagers banging on the door, which is close to the gym. she told them to go in the front which is open. they told her they were grown men and get out of their business. she told them it was her business and they walked away cussing. days later her Accord got keyed. sorry for the rant, but yet another reason i do not take vehicles to the dealer. never used free oil changes or tire rotations for this type of problem. just go over the service managers head.
The following 3 users liked this post by white08gt:
Heretic (11-22-2013), RLucky82 (11-23-2013), smcox1 (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 06:38 PM
AAG

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Why anyone would visit a dealer for any reason other than warranty work is beyond me.
The following 3 users liked this post by AAG:
FordRoushFan (11-22-2013), Nitrous347 (11-23-2013), smcox1 (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Squeaky wheel gets the grease (no pun intended). Be polite but raise some hell. Dodge dealer did this to my SRT8. Wanted a new rim, didn't get that but they did pay for the rim repair.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

First, really sorry for your damage. I had some new tires put on my new truck. The shop came and got me from the waiting room and the mgr showed me some damage on my Platinum wheel. What happened was when they took off the lug nuts and set them on the ground, the wheel tipped over and landed on lug nuts. It put marks similar to what you have. Yours are worse than mine and the shop got me a new wheel.

One thing I learned when a tint shop scratched my BMW and blamed me for it, is I have someone from the shop that is working on my truck to walk around the truck and I point out any scratches or dings to them so when I get the truck back and something is wrong I have proof I didn't do it and they need to repair it.

Good luck with your wheel but it will be very hard to prove they did it.
The following users liked this post:
eah990 (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 06:45 PM

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by AAG
Why anyone would visit a dealer for any reason other than warranty work is beyond me.
I have a great rapport with my dealer.

I'd rather have someone qualified look after my truck.

I guess you prefer some 18 year old out of high school who could care less about his job and even less about your vehicle.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ruff rider
First, really sorry for your damage. I had some new tires put on my new truck. The shop came and got me from the waiting room and the mgr showed me some damage on my Platinum wheel. What happened was when they took off the lug nuts and set them on the ground, the wheel tipped over and landed on lug nuts. It put marks similar to what you have. Yours are worse than mine and the shop got me a new wheel.

One thing I learned when a tint shop scratched my BMW and blamed me for it, is I have someone from the shop that is working on my truck to walk around the truck and I point out any scratches or dings to them so when I get the truck back and something is wrong I have proof I didn't do it and they need to repair it.

Good luck with your wheel but it will be very hard to prove they did it.
This is exactly what I do.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Heretic
I have a great rapport with my dealer.

I'd rather have someone qualified look after my truck.

I guess you prefer some 18 year old out of high school who could care less about his job and even less about your vehicle.
No. I think he means he does it himself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Scratched my Rims