Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Reflash for your 2011 EB? DO IT!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts

Default Dealer Reflash for your 2011 EB? DO IT!

My 2011 was an early production EB. It was one of the first 2 EB on our large lot. Never taken it in for a thing, have 11k miles on it.

I've read and seen everyone's talk on the various reflashes over the last year and a half. Specifically for drivability fixes for the trans.

Other than a sometimes harsh 1-2, 3-4 and 4-3, everything else about my truck was perfect. Good mpg, no condensation issues. Did have a sooty tailpipe, but no big deal.

I finally decided to get the update done. Went to my dealer and reported drivability issues and they had a TSB for my production time frame.

Got the flash done Wed.

Wow.

Can't make the trans do a harsh upshift or downshift. Before, I could make it in certain driving conditions. Not any more. Smooth as butter. (Haven't tried a WOT run yet)

The gear indicator in the dash display now stays on instead of having to turn it on every time manually.

Big test will be when I pull my travel trailer over the weekend. Will report back after I see how it behaves.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did you purchase your 2011? And how did you find out there was a TSB on your truck? I haven't received anything in the mail.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:34 PM

My truck was purchased in Feb of 2011.

TSBs are never sent to customers as notifications like a recall would be.

When I went in, I sat with the service manager (who is also a friend of mine) and he checked for TSBs that would apply to drivability issues and there was one that applied for my production dates.

I knew there would be as I'm on this board very regularly and had seen others get the TSB done.

On the flip side of that, man alive it's getting complicated out there. More computer updates on my truck than on my computer at home.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Mine was a really late 2011, one of the last few factory order 2011's in Canada. Mine came with a late software, because my gear indicators stay on. I do have a hesitant 1-2 upshift at low speeds that doesn't bother me much, but I have to get a 30k service soon so ill get them to reflash it for kicks, so It can relearn.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
My 2011 was an early production EB. It was one of the first 2 EB on our large lot. Never taken it in for a thing, have 11k miles on it.

I've read and seen everyone's talk on the various reflashes over the last year and a half. Specifically for drivability fixes for the trans.

Other than a sometimes harsh 1-2, 3-4 and 4-3, everything else about my truck was perfect. Good mpg, no condensation issues. Did have a sooty tailpipe, but no big deal.

I finally decided to get the update done. Went to my dealer and reported drivability issues and they had a TSB for my production time frame.

Got the flash done Wed.

Wow.

Can't make the trans do a harsh upshift or downshift. Before, I could make it in certain driving conditions. Not any more. Smooth as butter. (Haven't tried a WOT run yet)

The gear indicator in the dash display now stays on instead of having to turn it on every time manually.

Big test will be when I pull my travel trailer over the weekend. Will report back after I see how it behaves.
My truck is a feb 2011 also but 5.0. I wrote about this awhile ago by just getting bored and going to ford to get a reflash about four months ago and wow no harsh shifting and the gear display on all the time. Plus more power and .7 better mileage. Tho I will say the shifting does still get a little harsh a smidge sometimes from 1-2.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know a lot about these trucks, but I did find out that the gear numbers on the dash can be turned on or off with the button on the side of the gearshifter
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gunter058
I don't know a lot about these trucks, but I did find out that the gear numbers on the dash can be turned on or off with the button on the side of the gearshifter
Yep. Us early production guys have to turn it on every time we restart. It reverts back to off. Reflash updated that.

I've got a 75 mile pull into the mountains tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Also, seems like it has better low end torque right off idle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Reflash for your 2011 EB? DO IT!