Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer performed TSB 14-0134- Now problems!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer performed TSB 14-0134- Now problems!

This last Tuesday, I took my my2014 F150 ecoboost to the dealer for an oil change. My transmission also does the growling that is explained in the TSB that I listed above, so I asked them to address that issue also. Apparently, they heard it because they called and told me that they would perform the TSB. On Thursday I called them and asked for an update. They informed me that the TSB was complete, but that now the transmission was having "all kinds of problems" and that they were going to need to contact the big guys at Ford to see what to do.

I took a drive up to the dealer,and when I got there, I was actually able to speak with the tech who was working on my truck. He said that the issues he was having was that the truck would now not do anything when in reverse, and when put in drive, he would have to bring it up to about 2000 rpms before the truck would slowly start to creep forward. He said that they were going to contact Ford to see if they installed the right part.

I asked them if they checked effectivity ofthe part installed per the dates on the TSB and he said they did, but that sometimes Ford updates the part past what is on the TSB. That didn't make any sense to me at all because they would surely update the TSB to reflect changes, and everyone else using the parts called out on it without issue.
That conversation was on Thursday.Today, (Saturday) I drove back to the dealer, and asked for an update. The gal at the desk could just tell me that they are still waiting on Ford to reply,and that Ford is REAL busy right now, so it could take several days to get an answer from them. Needless to say, I am not happy right now. I need my truckfor the vacation that we have had planned for over 6 months, and they can't get an answer from Ford as to what to do next? I'm about ready to tell them just to re-install the original parts.
Anyone else have any issues after having this TSB accomplished?

Last edited by Relliott64; 08-05-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:11 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Paragraphs man. That huge block of text is hard to read.

Stuff happens. Get a loaner truck from them and go enjoy your vacation.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:44 PM

Thanks, tried to clean up that post a little.

Was really just trying to hear if any others here had any issues when their dealer accomplished this TSB. There is only one (of 3 possibilities) part to replace per that document, based on the build date. When they said that they had to contact Ford to determine if they had installed the right part, it concerned me.

Our vacation is for 33 days, so as long as they don't mind me towing my trailer around 2 states, with their loaner truck with my 2 dogs, for that long, I guess that is a possibility!
Old 08-05-2017, 07:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have never gotten a loaner from any dealerships here in Houston. I hope they get you fixed up.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same tsb done a few weeks ago. They INSTALLED THE WRONG PART. When I had taken it to them they ordered the part from ford and installed it. Same problem no reverse etc. they then double checked and noticed that depending on the date on your transmission you need the other part that is identicall. They ordered and installed the new separator plate and everything has been working fine so far. No buzzing and all is well with the 14 ecoboost.
The following users liked this post:
Relliott64 (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 12:21 PM

Thanks for that reply. That is what I was thinking that they probably did. The mechanic at the dealer even said that they were contacting Ford to see if they installed the wrong part. It's disappointing though because when I took in in to them, I gave them a copy of the TSB and we went over it. It clearly states that the part is dependent on the date on the transmission. Not sure how they could get that wrong. And now, they have to wait several days for Ford to tell them what they did wrong?
Old 08-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dylan.sweers
I had the same tsb done a few weeks ago. They INSTALLED THE WRONG PART. When I had taken it to them they ordered the part from ford and installed it. Same problem no reverse etc. they then double checked and noticed that depending on the date on your transmission you need the other part that is identicall. They ordered and installed the new separator plate and everything has been working fine so far. No buzzing and all is well with the 14 ecoboost.

I think I may have this but cannot make it happen, its totally random so I guess I will live with it.............may be better off based upon some of the stories you hear.

Originally Posted by Relliott64
Thanks, tried to clean up that post a little.

Was really just trying to hear if any others here had any issues when their dealer accomplished this TSB. There is only one (of 3 possibilities) part to replace per that document, based on the build date. When they said that they had to contact Ford to determine if they had installed the right part, it concerned me.

Our vacation is for 33 days, so as long as they don't mind me towing my trailer around 2 states, with their loaner truck with my 2 dogs, for that long, I guess that is a possibility!
Who the hell can take a 33 day vacation? sheesh dude.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What I did is I took a video of it happening on my phone then they took care of it based off the info I showed them. Because like you mine was random when it would happen. Overall very glad I took care of it because it was annoying. Plus didn't cost me a dime due to factory power train warranty.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:53 AM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Hmm...I needed a part for my my lawn mower his year. Apparently there are two different versions of that part for different serial numbers of my mower. They gave me the right one, I fixed it.

That guy at John Deere must've been a genius!
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Speedfreak400
I think I may have this but cannot make it happen, its totally random so I guess I will live with it.............may be better off based upon some of the stories you hear.

Who the hell can take a 33 day vacation? sheesh dude.
Those of us who have worked at the same company for 35 years, and because of that, get 6 weeks of vacation a year, plus holidays. It adds up!
The following users liked this post:
a1richard (08-09-2017)