Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Left Clamp On Air Filter Hose Loose

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I received the two year free maintenance program when I purchased my 2011 ecoboost. That included 4 oil changes and two tire rotations. I used those up prior to the two years because I wanted my oil changed more frequently than 10,000 miles.

Fast forward to yesterday and it is time for me to do my first at home oil change. I wanted to use Mobil 1 oil and also interested in getting under this truck. The oil filter access and my short arms would not allow access to the filter. Looking from above, I determined the intake "Y" tube was all that was in my way to get it from the top. I proceeded to remove the three clamps and as soon as I touched the clamp that is on the filter housing, it moved. A sick feeling came over me and next anger. I am an aircraft mechanic and ride trail bikes and know the damage dust will so to an engine. Fortunately the rubber boot is a tight fit and I noticed little dust on the tubes. I called the dealer to have them document this in my file. They obviously access the filter this way too or it came from the factory this way.

Last edited by jejeosborne; 01-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Left Clamp On Air Filter Hose Loose