Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer hit my truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Dealer hit my truck

Will try and get a picture tomorrow but was at my local dealer today for some routine maintenance work and the boss (the owner of the place) comes out and wants me to follow him.

Takes me to the back and shows me one of the you kids working there turned a forklift around and one of the forks went right into my driver side headlight. Absolutely no other damage but that headlight and my HiD is just destroyed.

Yes, I was livid. The owner asked me what it was going to take to make it right and I was just standing there. Well, there was a 2013 F150 sitting there getting ready to go to its new home and he offers me a new set of the 2013 HiD lights installed.

Well we went and got the lights ordered but their parts guy couldnt find the adapter harness so I directed them to tuxedoblack11 site so hopefully he gets a little business sent his way as well.

They are bringing me back in tomorrow for some sort of meeting with them and I will get a pic then, still pretty hot atm.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinkies
Will try and get a picture tomorrow but was at my local dealer today for some routine maintenance work and the boss (the owner of the place) comes out and wants me to follow him.

Takes me to the back and shows me one of the you kids working there turned a forklift around and one of the forks went right into my driver side headlight. Absolutely no other damage but that headlight and my HiD is just destroyed.

Yes, I was livid. The owner asked me what it was going to take to make it right and I was just standing there. Well, there was a 2013 F150 sitting there getting ready to go to its new home and he offers me a new set of the 2013 HiD lights installed.

Well we went and got the lights ordered but their parts guy couldnt find the adapter harness so I directed them to tuxedoblack11 site so hopefully he gets a little business sent his way as well.

They are bringing me back in tomorrow for some sort of meeting with them and I will get a pic then, still pretty hot atm.
New 13 headlights....... I would be good..
Old 10-17-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by kdz300
New 13 headlights....... I would be good..
It for sure helps, I drove one of the '13s the other evening and the light output isnt as good as the setup I had but still better then the stock that was on the '12.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I had something similar 3-4 years ago with my Mustang. Had suspension re-done and when I go to pick up the car I notice a nice black mark on my rear bumper. I looked closer and someone obviously either hit my car while in their possession or they hit something when backing it up. The assistant manager working that day tried saying the damage was there prior. I was po'd about the assistant manager's attitude but the funny thing about it all I knew the store manager personally and they did end up fixing the bumper at a shop of my choice.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It for sure helps, I drove one of the '13s the other evening and the light output isnt as good as the setup I had but still better then the stock that was on the '12.
Absolutely, to me it isn't the mistake that is made......it is what happens to get it taken care of after the fact ... Sh-7 happens.....what happens after that is what saves me as a customer. :-)
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Id take the 13 HID's and a spray in bed liner or front window tinting if you dont already have one or the other.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kutch98
Id take the 13 HID's and a spray in bed liner or front window tinting if you dont already have one or the other.
Yeah have those but I am thinking along those same lines, what else could I get out of them
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah have those but I am thinking along those same lines, what else could I get out of them
Tow mirrors??
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I was livid. The owner asked me what it was going to take to make it right and I was just standing there.
I would have said "Trade me straight up for a 2013 Raptor."

Old 10-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What kind of rims are your sporting? Maybe upgrade to Raptor Rims and running boards?

Quick Reply: Dealer hit my truck