Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer didn't install tint!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealer didn't install tint!

So I bought my truck back in January. Well today I was looking at my sticker because I remember they said they installed a security alarm. Well I found out that they charged me $499 for tint but yet my windows only had the rear factory tint on. So I called to see why I was charged $499 and they said to bring in my receipts and any pictures and they will work with me. Now realistically what should I be expecting to hear? Should I be getting the full $499 back since they never installed it (I have pictures to prove)?

Thanks for the help
Old 05-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Why would pictures matter. Just take it to them and show them. $499 for tint, that's outrageous. I paid less than $200 to have my windows tinted at a reputable tint shop downtown. I'd ask for the $499 back and take to a place downtown to be done.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM

The pictures are to show that I didn't have tint when I purchased. I had tint put on the front 2 the day after I bought for $75 and they wanted to just pay for that but I told them that doesn't fix the $499 you charged me for tint you never put on.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow - $499 for tint!??

Hope you get your money back...that's rediculous...

FWIW, I paid $75 to get my front two windows tinted to match the back windows... Reputable shop, quality tint film, and a good warranty. I'm sure you can do much better than $499... Good luck dealing with those theives!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 508 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4Black
The pictures are to show that I didn't have tint when I purchased. I had tint put on the front 2 the day after I bought for $75 and they wanted to just pay for that but I told them that doesn't fix the $499 you charged me for tint you never put on.

Did you buy your truck from the Ford dealer in Buckeye?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I bought my truck back in January. Well today I was looking at my sticker because I remember they said they installed a security alarm. Well I found out that they charged me $499 for tint but yet my windows only had the rear factory tint on. So I called to see why I was charged $499 and they said to bring in my receipts and any pictures and they will work with me. Now realistically what should I be expecting to hear? Should I be getting the full $499 back since they never installed it (I have pictures to prove)?

Thanks for the help
As long as you have picture to prove it then you have a leg to stand on. Only problem is...it is now May and you purchased over 4 months ago. Good luck to you and I hope they (the dealership) makes it right.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

take the receipt from the place you had do the window tint as well...that should have the date and type of window tint that they used....chances are it isnt the same as what the dealer would have done unless they use the same aftermarket shop.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

I'm confused why you paid someone else for tint right after you bought it when you expected it to be installed by the dealer. Did I miss something?
Old 05-10-2012, 03:27 PM

I wasn't aware of the tint charged by the dealer I must have over looked it, rookie mistake I know.

I bought it from Rodeo Ford in Avondale. They are a great dealer and I have yet to run into something they weren't willing to fix. My sales guy wants to make this right so I'm going to bring all my info to him and we are going to talk to the manager to fix it.

I'm taking both window stickers to show the truck came with privacy tint from the factory and the dealer added sticker to show they charged me for tint. I have the pictures of the day I bought which clearly show no tint. The sales receipt for the aftermarket tint I got that does not say that he removed tint thus verifying they didn't add tint and I had it replaced.

They should give me the money back since I've already referred 3 people that have bought trucks from them.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $90.00 for my front tint and it is one of the best shops in town.

Quick Reply: Dealer didn't install tint!