Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer damaged...

Old 12-16-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Dealer damaged...

I am going to vent a bit.. Took the truck in for a minor vibration on deceleration, as I suspected warped rotors and the Pirelli tires are starting to live up to the 'garbage' reputation.. Rotors where turned, new pads, and a road force balance on the tires... All good, except I was told road force balance is not covered under warranty... Whatever.

Go to pick it up and the first thing I notice is the rims look like they drug them across the floor face down. These are FX appearance package black rims, imperfections shine like a diamond in a goats ****.. Literally looks like we rammed the impact driver into the lugs, marring the rims in the hub area too.. Are you kidding me? I refuse service, won't sign for it, and tell them to keep it until a service manager can see it.

Fast forward to today, I specifically tell the service manager, new OEM wheels or I'll elevate further. Now they call and say they sent them to a wheel refinisher, news to me as I was not asked about this.

Am I wrong to be pissed and demanding new rims after the service advisor openly admitted they sometimes get sloppy for no reason?

Old 12-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

Give them a chance to make it right. I'd let them do their thing with the rims. Tell them when they are returned to compare them with a new set and if they look comparable then I'd let it go and not lose sleep over it. If they aren't close to stock appearing then ask for the General Manager to get involved. I sure hope it is the dealer you bought it from....
Old 12-16-2013, 06:01 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

These days the rim refinishers do a great job.....

Give it a chance.....
Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with these guys about giving the wheel refinisher a chance. However, I would be extremely pissed as well about my wheels having to be refinished in the first place due to someone else's negligence.
The following users liked this post:
EcoBrook (12-18-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd be steaming but there making an effort to start to make it right. If they don't look acceptable then elevate it. But as said above they will most likely look better then new
Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

I agree with everyone here, talk with the service manager and give them a chance to make your truck right.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts

I took a vehicle to have new tires put on and the shop messed up every wheel. I took it back and demanded to have it fixed. They sent me to a local wheel refinisher who had it for two days and they looked brand new.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Talking

Thanks guys. I'll give it a go, the service manager is probably the most brutally honest I have ever come across, just wish we would have consulted me before reaching this conclusion. The service manager reassured me it was better than factory and that we where both to be satisfied before I retook possession.

I went into it expecting nothing less than new rims knowing full well the price if these rims from ford was probably going to net me a 'try to buff it out long shot' or a 'respray' of the rims.

So far, I'm much happier with the service manager calling the shots.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 PM

Received 114 Likes on 71 Posts

I've been impressed with some of the wheel refinishing jobs that I've seen. I'm assuming that they're doing all 4 - so that they match. Update with a pic when done, I'd like to see the finished product. I'm dreading tire replacement, because I'm a touch OCD with those rims. I'll check again, but I recall dealer cost being in the $600-$700 range for one rim.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 232 Likes on 149 Posts

They will be better than new....I've done a few of them. You will be amazed. Wish all dealerships were as honest.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer damaged...