Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashcam video

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:21 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Dashcam video

I took the sound out. When you see it, you will know why. This was 2 days ago. I did not change my driving to match the conditions and it shows. I have minimal damage (see below). There was one other car involved and the damage to her car was very light. Just as I was trying to gain control you can see my truck give a lunge where she hit my right rear tire, after that it was game over. There is a long pause in the middle of the video where she came to see if I was okay. My truck shut itself off during the expeditionary portion of the tour. I was able to turn it off and start it right back up and drive home. Other than the light damage you see on the rear near the bumper, I have no damage. My Fosgate amp stopped working though, I have no audio at all. I am going to work on that today to see if I can get it running. No idea why it would quit working from this though.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:23 PM

The damage.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Received 233 Likes on 158 Posts

what is the speed limit on that stretch of the road?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:38 PM

70. It was a perfect storm of bad decisions on my part. I am usually not on that road at that time, in those conditions. I am usually in the express where the speed limit is 75. I left work after working for someone else who was sick. I left work, it felt good, I felt good, good music on the radio and I wasn't keeping my padding around me. Just a bad day. I am thankful nobody was injured, or worse.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 233 Likes on 158 Posts

yeah, probably wouldn't let anyone form your insurance company see the video, Blackvue show you going 74
Old 10-02-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts

What was the little swerve towards the red truck just as you switched lanes? Was that the first tap or something else?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:03 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Have you found the seat cushion yet?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by JLTD
What was the little swerve towards the red truck just as you switched lanes? Was that the first tap or something else?
I was accelerating at the time so it is hard to tell. When it happened I would have sworn it was a tap from behind but I don't recall if there was anyone behind me. I assumed I lost traction during acceleration. I did find damage on my passenger side rear wheel which is conducive to the one car I knew about that I hit when I went back to the right. She hit squarely on the center of the wheel, not hard though. Enough to scratch the powder coating up pretty good.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Old Smoky
yeah, probably wouldn't let anyone form your insurance company see the video, Blackvue show you going 74
Insurance has already ruled it was an at fault accident. Not looking forward to the rate increase. I have since removed the MPH from the Blackvue recordings.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by SoonerLS
Have you found the seat cushion yet?
lol. Odd thing is it wasn't too scary once I was in the grass. Only because I knew there would be no more cars involved. At that point it was just stop without hitting anything too bad. Of course, once it turned around I kinda gave up that ghost. lol Don't get me wrong, it was an adrenaline rush as most accidents are. My amplifier seems to have taken the shock worse than me though as it is going to have to go back to Fosgate for repair. Kinda puzzled as to why it chose that moment to go out.