Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couldn't resist...Picked up a leftover '13 XLT SCab

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Talking Couldn't resist...Picked up a leftover '13 XLT SCab

Well, after months of reading, researching, debating, and analyzing, going back-and-forth over whether or not I'd wait for a 2014, I found a leftover 2013 that was just too damn good of a deal to pass up. Here it is:

XLT, SCab, 145" WB (6.5' bed)
Blue Jeans Metallic
5.0L
4x2
302A Package
3.55 E-Locker rear
Only thing it doesn't have is the center console, which I would've preferred over the jump seat/fold down console, but I can potentially change this myself at some point.

As I said, the deal was just too good to pass on:
MSRP $36,840
$6500 in rebates
$4850 in dealer discount
$16500 on my trade (09 G8 GT...saddened me to part with it), which had $5000 in equity

So, $11,350 off and deducting the trade, then adding tax, title, and fees, I walked out the door for a hair under $22,000. I'm VERY happy with the deal, I feel I'd be VERY hard pressed to find an equal or better deal. Even better, I only had to drive 100 miles to get it To maximize rebates, I went with Ford Credit, but I'll be refinancing. Made 100% sure that there's no minimum period or early pay-off penalty, and my credit union offers MUCH better rates; dealer said the typical "wait 3 months," but we'll see about that, lol.

After buying my '08 XL new, choosing it because it was CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and I wanted the manual trans, but then ultimately spending a couple thousand to turn it into the truck I had in mind, I told myself the next F-150 would be MUCH closer to what I ultimately wanted. The main package is exactly what I wanted, the only things I would've preferred were PTM grill & bumpers, and as I said earlier, a center console. However, with the Blue Jeans Metallic, I think the chrome bumpers and step bars are a nice accent, but I'm always going to think the grill is a bit much. I've seen that others have been able to disassemble the grill and fiddle with the coloring some, so I will eventually change up the grill in some fashion.

Otherwise, my plans are pretty basic: soft tonneau cover, Line-X bedliner, LED bed lights, Rigid flush-mounted auxiliary reverse lights in the rear bumper, 4x4 front tow hooks & Rough Country hidden winch mount with my Warn M8000, Series 200 remote start, and ENJOYING IT!

Haven't dug through the owner's manual yet, nor have I had much time to play with it, but the improvement over my '08 is just incredible (as it should be). Smoother, quieter, so much more power...BUT, it doesn't feel as sporty without the manual, ha. One thing I've already noticed is that I really want to figure out is a way to activate the rear view camera without actually putting the trans in reverse, mainly so I can check on a trailer while cruising down the road. I have no idea if this is a realistic desire or even possible, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to want this (I added a Pioneer 7" LCD headunit & rear view camera to my '08, and it has this feature, which I really appreciate).

These crappy pics are all I can produce tonight, I'll have better ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails Couldn't resist...Picked up a leftover '13 XLT SCab-img_20140114_224356138-1-.jpg   Couldn't resist...Picked up a leftover '13 XLT SCab-img_20140114_224557441-1-.jpg   Couldn't resist...Picked up a leftover '13 XLT SCab-img_20140114_224613326-1-.jpg  

Last edited by nagata; 01-15-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:18 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Congrats!

I don't believe u can activate the rear view without being in reverse
Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats! I wanted that color but a black color (which was in dealer inventory) was $1400 less so I went black. I love, love, love my '13 Scab.

As to the reverse cam in motion, this might help you out: Mytouch Lockpick
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, what an incredible deal! To give you some perspective on what Canadians pay for the nearly the same truck, I just bought a 2011 Super Crew with virtually the same trim package and options as yours, 24,000 miles on the odometer. I paid $25,900 all in. And that was probably at least $2k below its fair value here. Hard not to envy you guys south of the 49th parallel. You live in a much larger and more competitive market! Congratulations!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Originally Posted by CollinM
Congrats!

I don't believe u can activate the rear view without being in reverse
Thanks! I'm sure there's no factory way to do it, it'd have to be a retrofit, perhaps something like what scole is referring to.

Originally Posted by scole
Congrats! I wanted that color but a black color (which was in dealer inventory) was $1400 less so I went black. I love, love, love my '13 Scab.

As to the reverse cam in motion, this might help you out: Mytouch Lockpick
Thanks! Yeah, I've never actually gotten a vehicle in my favorite of the available colors, gotta go with what's available!

I appreciate the suggestion; after a brief look, their product for older Sync systems might do what I'm seeking, but I'll have to research more.

Originally Posted by F150XTR
Wow, what an incredible deal! To give you some perspective on what Canadians pay for the nearly the same truck, I just bought a 2011 Super Crew with virtually the same trim package and options as yours, 24,000 miles on the odometer. I paid $25,900 all in. And that was probably at least $2k below its fair value here. Hard not to envy you guys south of the 49th parallel. You live in a much larger and more competitive market! Congratulations!
I appreciate the compliment! Sorry to hear that prices are so much higher up north...definitely a bummer. I looked hard at the used market, but the absolute cheapest I could find was an '11 XLT SCab 3.7, not nearly as optioned out, with 27k on it, and it would've cost me $18.5K OTD; most others would've cost close to the same as what I paid for this brand new '13. Craziness in the used market!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Fantastic! I love that color and the XLT with 302A is all you need. Great configuration.
The center console is not going to be an issue.
You didn't specify but I'm assuming this is a 4x4...
Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

Congratulations. Nice and the 5.0 is a good-capable, fun engine.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 AM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

congrats nice truck.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Originally Posted by greg150
Fantastic! I love that color and the XLT with 302A is all you need. Great configuration.
The center console is not going to be an issue.
You didn't specify but I'm assuming this is a 4x4...
Thanks! I agree, while the higher trim levels are very nice, a loaded XLT is one damn nice truck, and with the way they incentivise them, the value can't be beat.
It's actually a 4x2, thanks for pointing out that omission. I considered a 4x4, but I would've spent $25k on it, and in the 5 years I've owned my 08 XL 2WD, I've never REALLY needed 4WD, just solid power to both rear wheels, which is why I had to have the e-locker.

Originally Posted by masitile
Congratulations. Nice and the 5.0 is a good-capable, fun engine.
Thanks! I haven't fully wound it out yet, but the 5.0 certainly feels like it's got great power, and the sound is awesome! I'm very surprised at how good it sounds inside the cab!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats on the truck! I've thought about trading my truck for a '14 XLT when the '15s come out and they put big rebates on them. I love my KR but lately with all the rain we've had I've considered buying a "work" truck since I hate seeing my muddy. The car wash guys hate seeing me and complain about all the grass hanging out from under it.

I wouldn't worry about a cheaper truck as much and then I may be able to talk the wife into that GT500...

Quick Reply: Couldn't resist...Picked up a leftover '13 XLT SCab