Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conversion instructions for converting my seats from manual to power seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion instructions for converting my seats from manual to power seat

I have a 2004 F-150 XLT. It has manual seats. I would like to know how to find out if the truck may have pre wire for power seat option available. Or do we have to have the dealer wire this option?
Old 08-20-2018, 09:17 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

This is the 09-14 section. Look under your seat for a harness that comes out of the carpet. Suggest you pick up a wiring manual for your truck, as I have never heard of a dealership that will take on a custom project like that. If the wiring and harness is there, you still need to track down the truck side to verify the wires that need power have them. Just because the harness is there, doesn't mean it runs all the way to a fuse. If the wiring is not there, you need to source all necessary connectors and wiring, and then install it correctly.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

I don't get why anyone would want to do this. I have adjusted my seat maybe twice in the last three years. Even with multiple drivers ,unless you have memory seats programmed, isn't enough to warrant the conversion.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
I don't get why anyone would want to do this. I have adjusted my seat maybe twice in the last three years. Even with multiple drivers ,unless you have memory seats programmed, isn't enough to warrant the conversion.
I like the power seats because they go up and down (I'm barely 5'8"). right now i am rocking a 3/4" slice of high-density foam (under my seat cover, ) for a "booster" because i have the stock stx seats. I'd like to convert to electric seats from the OP's truck generation mainly for the seatbelt on the seat. cant tell you how many times i've tried to let someone in the back with my seatbelt still buckled

as for wiring, if the harness isn't there, you could probably run an "ignition hot" wire from the fuse panel or something. tuck it under the carpet near the sill plates.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:37 PM

Received 175 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
I added a power seat to my '13 STX because it allows me to lower the seat a few inches compared to the non-adjustable stock seat.

Quick Reply: Conversion instructions for converting my seats from manual to power seat