Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color of Lights Behind Buttons Around Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color of Lights Behind Buttons Around Nav?

I was wondering what color the background light is behind the buttons surrounding your nav? All of mine are green, but the HVAC controls, gauges, etc are all blue (like an ice blue).

I ask because the stock nav was put on as part of the price we paid, but it was put on after the sale. I am wondering if they did it wrong, or ordered one for a non-platinum?

The attached image is not the exact same as mine, but it gives you an idea of the buttons that are glowing green and do not match any of the other controls in the truck (so it looks silly). I'm sure the dealer will just tell me that is how they all are, but I don't trust them. They haven't done a single thing right so far, so why would they start now?!

If it matters, I have a 2010 Platinum.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
We love our Platinum's

if no one else replies before I do ill take a picture of mine tinight and send you
Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I'll take one of mine tonight too so you can see exactly what I mean.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

I'd like to see pics regardless
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that how your buttons are laid out? Mine doesn't look anything like that, but the colors are all the same except for the climate controls. Colors are the same everywhere else on the dashboard.

:: I'd love to know why Ford didn't make the console buttons change color when you change the color of the cupholders / footwell lights like they did in the Mustang with the lighting package... ::/rant::
Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 PM

Ok, here are the pics I promised. See how the buttons around the nav are green, and the rest aren't? I think it looks really dumb this way:

Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM

steenbag - Mine looks a lot different to yours, was yours on there when you bought it? Do you have a photo of it during the day?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you negotiated with them to add nav as part of the deal and they threw a 2008-Older navigation unit into your truck. Could be because the 09-10 Navs handle the temperature display info and yours already had the info center screen at the top, dunno. Bottom line is you have green because it's for the older Fords that had green dash lights and a completely different style of radio. Makes me wonder if you have old maps too..
Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah that is not the 09+ NAV unit, it's the 07-08 one.

I sure hope someone added it somehow, even though I heard is was not possible to do.... but I surehope it did not come like that from the factory

Should look like this

I am not even sure how you could get the older style one to fit right with this surround..could you post some day time pics of it?

Last edited by Ford Fx4; 06-01-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM

Geez, I should have KNOWN something was going on. No wonder they had trouble finding the wood grain trim to go around it. Right now it just has the flat black, but the wood grain is on order.

I can control my air, etc from the nav unit or through sync. I am having issues with answering calls though. The answer button on my steering wheel doesn't work. I don't think that has to do with the nav though.

I know this isn't during the day, but I had the interior lights on so you can see other stuff better.

Ford Fx4 - Do you have better pics (from a bit further away). Also, are you saying that it's not supposed to be possible to add the stock 09/10 nav to a truck that doesn't have it...period?

I am so pissed.

Quick Reply: Color of Lights Behind Buttons Around Nav?