Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Control Fan stuck on High

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Climate Control Fan stuck on High

I have a 2009 lariat with the automatic climate control. Noticed today that it is blowing full blast on auto mode. I used the fan control buttons to kick off the auto and manually control the fan speed all the way down to the lowest setting and it is still blowing full blast. Anybody else have a problem like this?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I had almost the same issue last well. Mine stayed at medium speed.I took it to the dealership and they had to order a new resistor for the blower. It took several days to get my truck fixed.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that is the heater fan resistor that is blown causing that.. common problem cheap fix
Old 10-27-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been going at the same speed as well. Not sure if it is on high.

Does it adjust? What I mean is, like my old car with Auto, when the heater kicked on it went through the floor vents and when the air conditioning went on in a hot car, it blew through the main vents. This just seems to always blow through the main vents, (front vents, middle vents, whatever you call them).
Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 PM

I noticed that the recirculate button seemed to work and I do think the blend doors work (dash vs. floor). Does anybody know if this system has multiple fans? Unrelated to this, one of the fans under the passanger side dash was making a clicking noise as if one of the blades was hitting the housing. One day when it was really hot and I started up the truck that fan came on and it was really loud as it started up - as it got going it finally "jammed" and stopped spinning. Now, one of two things happened:

1. It broke a blade off and can now spin freely.
2. There are additional fans that are continuing to blow and the one making the noise hasn't worked since.

Again, this is unrelated to my original issue. I must say all of this is pretty disappointing...this kind of crap happening on a truck that is 2.5 years old.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Anybody else have any thoughts on my fan issues? I'm talking about the issue of the fan blade hitting the housing...
Old 10-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

you will have to disassemble the dash to see if you have indeed broken a fin off the fan, as far as you being unable to control the speed of the fan, blower resistor as already stated earlier, usually a $9 part if you do it yourself.

Sad to see that blower motor resistors are still going bad - this problem has been plaguing all makes since the 90's...
Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 09 SCREW Lariat. Recently the fan was stuck on high in all modes. I had no control. searched the forums and found info on the problem was the blower motor control. it is located behind the glovebox and is secured with 2 8mm screws. it is about a 10 minute fix after you get the part(9L3Z-19E624-B) You can find it on ebay, tasca parts, and ford parts direct. I saw prices as low as $67 for it but after shipping it came to about $100. Picked up mine at the local dealer for $97. once replaced system works as advertised.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vikrax1
I have a 09 SCREW Lariat. Recently the fan was stuck on high in all modes. I had no control. searched the forums and found info on the problem was the blower motor control. it is located behind the glovebox and is secured with 2 8mm screws. it is about a 10 minute fix after you get the part(9L3Z-19E624-B) You can find it on ebay, tasca parts, and ford parts direct. I saw prices as low as $67 for it but after shipping it came to about $100. Picked up mine at the local dealer for $97. once replaced system works as advertised.
So is it a $67 part or an $8 part? Can you replace the resistor itself or need to get a new control unit?

My truck started the blower stuck on high business last night. Quite disappointing in a modern vehicle.. Also, where can I find a diagram on how to replace? I would like to avoid the stealership.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Very easy fix and very common. One thing I hate about this electronic climate controls. I used to have a Grand Marquis with automatic climate control do this all the time. Just take it into the dealer and have them look at it, they will know what it is right away. I cannot recall exactly what it is called, some sensor or something. Just know this happens very often in a lot of vehicles.

Quick Reply: Climate Control Fan stuck on High