Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome door handles and mirror caps

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome door handles and mirror caps

Hey guys and gals, First time truck owner here on the Rock! Bought a 2010 blue flame supercrew 5.4 in December with only 37k km, wicked shape inside and out. Couldnt be happier!! We had a pretty nasty winter here, so keeping the truck clean wasnt easy and now that I have some time and the weather is good, time for a proper clean up. Anyways I have the Canadian XTR package, and it looks like the prev owner added a few chrome accessories to go along with what came with the truck like wind deflector, vent visors, full mirror caps and door handle surrounds. The problem I have, is one of the door handle surrounds seems like its corroded, with little greenish specs all over it as shown in the pictures. Anyone have any idea how I can get this off and shine them up again without scratching it to pieces? or is it time to take off and replace or leave off?? One of my mirror covers is gone the same way although not so bad. So far ive used regular car wash soap and chrome cleaner/polish to no avail. Any suggestions? sorry for the crappy pics...
Attached Images   
Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

If you like the way they look you can get them pretty inexpensively off ebay or amazon. If you don't like them take them off. They're just chromed plastic so the chrome doesn't last too long unless they get cleaned and waxed often.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I would remove the chrome wind deflector, vent visors, full mirror caps and door handle surrounds that the previous owner added and just run the chrome that originally came on the truck. Sometimes more than what FoMoCo put on the truck is too much.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Try a bit of vinegar (test in an inconspicuous place first) or some citrus based cleaner. Scrub the he11 out of it.

Quick Reply: Chrome door handles and mirror caps