Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo/Puddle Lamps Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:40 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Cargo/Puddle Lamps Not Working

Hey all! Have a 2012 F150 FX4 and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a situation I’m having. I recently install Morimoto LED bulbs everywhere in the truck that I purchased from The Retrofit Source and all was well for a couple of days. I walked out to my truck one night after work and unlocked the truck and realized my cargo lights were no longer working since they didn’t light up the whole rear end of the truck like they usually did. Then I saw the puddle lights were no longer were no longer working as I got up to the door. Checked in the owners manual and checked all fuses. The fuse in the passengers side kick panel runs the cargo lights, the puddle lamps, and the interior lights. My interior lights are still working. There are LEDs in the interior and cargo lights, but not in the puddle lamps yet since I haven’t been able to track down the correct size. Anyone ever run into this and find a solution?
Old 04-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Bump!
Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollabakzach23
Bump!
Sometimes LED bulbs can be polar. Try turning the bulbs around 180* then see if they work. If they don’t work then, see if your stock bulbs work.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 AM

Thanks for the idea! I thought maybe that was it at first but I checked for function as soon as I installed them. The cargo and puddle lamps worked for a few days after the install of the leds and now they just don’t turn on when opening my doors. Going to set up an appointment to see if they can reprogram the computer to accept the lower voltage that the leds give off and go from there.

Quick Reply: Cargo/Puddle Lamps Not Working