Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant Thank Alex@HaloLifts Enough

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Default Cant Thank Alex@HaloLifts Enough

Sunday Dec 4th i noticed that my drives side shock shaft on my Boss coilovers was broken. I called Alex around 4PM the second i found it and he answered the phone! He said that they updated the upper mounts to prevent this from and he would get me a new shock for the drivers side and the redesigned mounts for both sides in the mail first thing Monday morning. Being so OCD about my truck i asked him if i could send him both of my coilovers for him to make the repairs on the drivers side and to have him rebuild my passenger side so i didnt have one used shock and one new shock. He said that sounds great. With work i wasnt able to remove them until Thursday Dec 8th. Got them shipped to him that afternoon with tracking saying delivery to him would be Tuesday Dec 13th. Tuesday afternoon i got a email from him saying he got the coilovers in that morning and they had completely rebuilt them and were on the brown truck back to me by that afternoon. Friday Dec 16th i got them in and wasted no time to put them back on.

Alex had them for less than a day and went above and beyond what i expected. The customer service he provides to his customers is second to none. If anybody is on the fence about which coilovers they want to purchase i think you should really consider Bosses not only because they ride amazing but knowing that Alex stands behind his products!

Name:  4DCE4B22-1905-444A-B073-47180A226DE4.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  208.4 KB
Name:  D4F1BA0F-1967-41FB-A730-214E32E4FD11.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  187.0 KB

Thanks again Alex@HaloLifts for all your help!

Merry Christmas

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 12-19-2016 at 01:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z7What:
HaloLifts (12-30-2016), sigma pi (12-30-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7What
Sunday Dec 4th i noticed that my drives side shock shaft on my Boss coilovers was broken. I called Alex around 4PM the second i found it and he answered the phone! He said that they updated the upper mounts to prevent this from and he would get me a new shock for the drivers side and the redesigned mounts for both sides in the mail first thing Monday morning. Being so OCD about my truck i asked him if i could send him both of my coilovers for him to make the repairs on the drivers side and to have him rebuild my passenger side so i didnt have one used shock and one new shock. He said that sounds great. With work i wasnt able to remove them until Thursday Dec 8th. Got them shipped to him that afternoon with tracking saying delivery to him would be Tuesday Dec 13th. Tuesday afternoon i got a email from him saying he got the coilovers in that morning and they had completely rebuilt them and were on the brown truck back to me by that afternoon. Friday Dec 16th i got them in and wasted no time to put them back on.

Alex had them for less than a day and went above and beyond what i expected. The customer service he provides to his customers is second to none. If anybody is on the fence about which coilovers they want to purchase i think you should really consider Bosses not only because they ride amazing but knowing that Alex stands behind his products!

Thanks again Alex@HaloLifts for all your help!

Merry Christmas

Wayne
How do you like the ride from these coilovers? Also what height do you have these set at? If you have any more pictures of your truck that would be great!!
Old 12-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Is this an issue that those of us with the coilovers need to worry about? I've got about 20k on mine so far, but don't have the ability for my truck to be down for a week or more if this does occur.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Interesting, that top mount breaking is odd.

Last edited by MCDavis; 12-20-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by WendysOrBust
How do you like the ride from these coilovers? Also what height do you have these set at? If you have any more pictures of your truck that would be great!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way the truck rides. The ride is hard to explain though, for tiny tiny expansion joints type bumps in the road, you feel them more, but once you hit a larger bump it absorbs them(Quote From My Friends) "Like Riding On A Cloud". I have plenty more pics i can post but it wont be until i get home from work. The ride height is hard to say because i had a 2.5" spacer on the truck before removing it and going with these. If i had to guess im somewhere around the 3" ranger, give or take .25" or so. I have ICON UCAs and im 2WD so CV Shaft angles arent a concern.

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
Is this an issue that those of us with the coilovers need to worry about? I've got about 20k on mine so far, but don't have the ability for my truck to be down for a week or more if this does occur.

I honestly dont know how common of a problem this is. Alex explained to me that if a hard enough bump is hit with the truck the lower control arms could move backwards some. This is ok because the lower controls arms have bushings in them where they attach to the frame to absorb this. The issue is that since the shock in the coilover is solidly mounted to the upper mount it doesnt have the ability to move when the lower control arm is pushed back. The new upper mounts have bushings built into the upper shock mount to allow for this movement and to prevent this from happening.

I dont offroad my truck, i avoid as many bumps as possible and not that its not my daily driver i only put 1000-1500 miles on her in the last 6 months.

I dont know how this happened, i found this issue on the way home from the duck lease. Me and 3 buddies and a dog were in my truck with all our gear with a 6X12 utility trailer with a ATV on it. To avoid a accident i had to slam on my brakes, harder than i even had before in the past 50K miles. We did avoid the accident but when i took off again i heard a slight clunk from the front and from then on whenever i hit a tiny bump at slow speeds i would hear it. Once i got home, is when i noticed the shaft of the shock broken.

Here is a drawing i made to explain what may cause this issue.

Originally Posted by MCDavis
It wasnt the top mount, it was the shaft of the shock where it attaches to the top mount.

Here is a picture(NOTE: This picture was AFTER i unscrewed the preload nut on the coils in order to remove the coilover, it also allowed me to get a clear picture of what happened.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Cant Thank Alex@HaloLifts Enough-untitled.png  
Old 12-30-2016, 10:18 AM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

Received 644 Likes on 465 Posts

It's not a problem, the Gen 2 top mount (bushings top and bottom) has been in use for almost two years now and any and all of the Gen 1 top mounts that did have a break were fixed. Not one ever has broken with the Gen 2 top mount.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:00 PM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

Originally Posted by MCDavis
Top mount never broke, shock main shaft broke.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:57 AM

Thanks again Alex, can't say enough about your customer service and the quality ride your products provide!

Wayne
Old 12-31-2016, 10:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex is a nice guy. In reality he has to provide good customer service and stand by his product.....if he wants to stay in business. Just had my Boss Coilovers installed and very please so far.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:05 AM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

^ Thanks appreciate it. Happy New Year Everyone!

Alex