Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calibrating reverse sensors

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 03:23 PM
Triton

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Calibrating reverse sensors

After messing with forscan and noticing I have a dtc code for my reverse sensors I am wondering what the process is for calibrating the sensors. I guess when I had the module replaced the dealership didn't recalibrate them giving me this thrown code that will not clear using forscan. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by WHITE TRITON
After messing with forscan and noticing I have a dtc code for my reverse sensors I am wondering what the process is for calibrating the sensors. I guess when I had the module replaced the dealership didn't recalibrate them giving me this thrown code that will not clear using forscan. Any help would be appreciated.
What year is your truck?!?!?!? Makes a Huge difference!! Trim level would also be helpful. The more info you provide the better chance of getting a more accurate answer.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Triton

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
What year is your truck?!?!?!? Makes a Huge difference!! Trim level would also be helpful. The more info you provide the better chance of getting a more accurate answer. .
2013 xlt with 302 package. Reverse camera and sensors. It all happened when I put some cubes on the bottom of th bumper and tied into the harness. Every so often I get all these false alarms. I took off the lights after flush mounting some in the bumper but noticed the code in forscan. I'm not for sure that removing the lights has solved the problem yet but any instructions on calibrating the sensors would be helpful. I thought they would be in the manual but I didn't see it.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:20 AM
JJM

Received 180 Likes on 136 Posts

2013 xlt with 302 package. Reverse camera and sensors. It all happened when I put some cubes on the bottom of th bumper and tied into the harness. Every so often I get all these false alarms. I took off the lights after flush mounting some in the bumper but noticed the code in forscan. I'm not for sure that removing the lights has solved the problem yet but any instructions on calibrating the sensors would be helpful. I thought they would be in the manual but I didn't see it.
That's a normal issue with the sensors and aftermarket lights. Find a better ground for them that isn't on the wiring harnesses back there, it might help.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

What code is being set?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Triton

I'll have to check the code when I get home. But as far as the ground I grounded it to the bumper brackets that attach to the frame.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:17 PM
JJM

I'll have to check the code when I get home. But as far as the ground I grounded it to the bumper brackets that attach to the frame.
That's where I had mine and got false sensing. Moved my ground to the ground wire of the brake light and it greatly improved things. Had a couple of false readings the first day or 2 but haven't had any since. I imagine running it straight to the battery would make it even better.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

My aftermarket reverse lights are all wired through the 10 pin trailer harness, both power and ground. Never an issue with the reverse sensors going off or having a false read.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:58 PM
JJM

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
My aftermarket reverse lights are all wired through the 10 pin trailer harness, both power and ground. Never an issue with the reverse sensors going off or having a false read.
Yes it's hot and miss with lights that cause issues.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
Ditto