Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI Install Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default CAI Install Issues

Forum,

A few nights ago I installed an AFE CAI I received from Mike at 5star. Install was a piece of cake. However, I have one issue I cannot resolve. The 2 clips from the lower factory air box do not like to stay engaged on the AFE box. I have resorted to tie strapping the outside edge to interior fender edge. I know I probably do not have to be concerned with it flopping much since the hood presses up against it, but it bothers me that the clips will not lock tight enough.

Has any one else had these issues with their CAI?

An another note, since this attached to the lower box, it intakes air in exactly the same place as the factory filter setup, so why is it called a cold air intake? Dont get me wrong, I understand why it works...increased airflow, no muffle devices, etc. I was more curious about the namesake.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM

Bump
Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help you with your issue, but I was just in Doha about a month ago! Wow has that place changed in the 4 years since the last time I was there! We took a ride out to the Pearl for dinner on a Thursday night...lots and lots of REALLY nice cars!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:50 PM

I have lived here over 5 years, so I have lived through the changes you are referring to. And yes, the cars are amazing. I have students that show up to college in Aston Martins and Lambos. In the plus side, everyone loves my truck!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how much does gas cost out there?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 705 Likes on 547 Posts

AFE yes they all do it I put a piece of foam stick weatherstrip on the square hole so when the clip went over it was tighter
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by caperj
AFE yes they all do it I put a piece of foam stick weatherstrip on the square hole so when the clip went over it was tighter
Thanks, I will definitely give that a shot. I feel stupid that I did not think of it myself.

Lost Soul: I pay about $1.00 per gallon for 93 octane, hence having Mike at 5star write me a straight 93 performance tune..no need to worry about mpgs.

Quick Reply: CAI Install Issues