Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built Ford Tough

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation Built Ford Tough

So anyways today I was just driving straight about 30 seconds from my house, slowed down a bit because someone in front of me was turning right and the person behind me in an 01 Focus was blazing down the road and didnt have time to stop and ended up slamming her brakes and rear ending me. She wasn't a very physically capable individual (around 350 pounds) and admitted to this being her 3rd collision in the period of approx. 3 months.

Regardless, we were really polite to one another. Her car was no longer functional and would not start after the collision and my truck had no noticeable damage. It was remarkable... Here are the pictures

Obviously the circumstances were in my favor for multiple reasons but the strength of the truck impressed me regardless. The significant difference in damage was laughable for everyone involved in the situation. I was told there was about $300 worth of damage to my truck in terms of labour and parts for the rear bumper. Not too sure about the Focus...She is 100% at fault though and I don't have to pay the deductible.

Thanks for reading!!

The following users liked this post:
boosted150 (10-01-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Confused Member

Received 497 Likes on 400 Posts

That's awesome! Glad everyone was alright!!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 AM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Since I know everyone is OK, I can't help but laugh. It's crazy the difference in damage.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by JDubUB
Since I know everyone is OK, I can't help but laugh. It's crazy the difference in damage.
My thoughts exactly

F-150 brochure says "Strategic use of HIGH-STRENGTH STEEL in key structural elements including the fully
boxed, ladder-style frame (shown above) and ULTRA-HIGH-STRENGTH STEEL"

They speak truth
Old 09-29-2012, 01:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice to see the truck isnt damaged. The focus would not start because the fuel cut of switch was activated. Flip the switch and drive away
Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by faster_than_u
Nice to see the truck isnt damaged. The focus would not start because the fuel cut of switch was activated. Flip the switch and drive away
We were right in front of a body shop and they handled the whole situation and they couldn't get it started. You might be right but I'd assume they're fairly mechanically inclined and would realize this was the case. Initially, it started and only made it a few feet till it shut down driving into the shop.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Very lucky! Glad everyone was ok. Couldnt help but notice the BC plates as well!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouverite
We were right in front of a body shop and they handled the whole situation and they couldn't get it started. You might be right but I'd assume they're fairly mechanically inclined and would realize this was the case. Initially, it started and only made it a few feet till it shut down driving into the shop.
Sounds like the cut off. The switch in on the passenger side footwell (I only know this because I had a '00 focus that I modded.)
Old 09-29-2012, 03:18 AM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

We have some horrible drivers in vancouver don't we? Be glad you're safe in an F150!

Last year I was in 2 accidents. Someone hit me head on in an intersection when I had my jetta. Then 2 months after I bought my F150 I got rear ended on hwy 99 while sitting in rush hour traffic. Some idiot hit me doing about 90 km/h. His SUV was completely totalled, the front end was crushed right up to the dash, windshield shattered. He got taken away in an ambulance. I'm just glad I was not at fault for either accident, I should be recieving a nice inury settlement from icbc.

Here's what my truck looked like, definitley built ford tough. When I got out of my truck I was surprised to see such little damage compared ot the guy that hit me.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:23 AM

Received 217 Likes on 125 Posts

Another Vancouverite. Hello from Burnaby!

Quick Reply: Built Ford Tough