Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New F-150 already in the shop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Brand New F-150 already in the shop!!!

I bought a 2014 super crew XLT 4x4 off road ecoboost yesterday night. I noticed a shake in the truck over 60mph that the salesman said was flat spots on the tires, so I thought nothing of it. While I was driving it today the truck began sputtering/stalling and had almost no power. The check engine light began flashing and finally went solid and stayed on. I called the dealer and took the truck in for repair. They said they couldn't take care of it today, but would look at it in the morning. I'm having them look into the "shake" as well while it's there.

I wouldn't expect that a truck with an MSRP of 45k would have mechanical issues literally from day 1!! Is this normal? Should I have them exchange the truck for another?
Old 12-02-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

some people have talked about the drive shaft being slightly out of whack causing the shimming over XX mph speed. once that was corrected no problems with shimming.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Yea screw that man. Pick another one and make em trade!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:44 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

You can look at it 2 ways....

1.... Things happen, they are machines and sometimes there can be an issue. Let them fix it, and it will probably be the only thing that happens...

or

2. Sit down with the Sales Manager, and explain you are not comfortable with this truck. With the truck only being days out of stock lot, they can do 2 things. Unwind the current deal and start over, or do what is called an Exchange of Collateral , which is just a few forms that show they are exchanging one truck for another... forms are sent to finance/lease companies to note the change of VIN number. The Exchange of Collateral can only be done if the trucks are exactly equipped I believe.... It has been a few years since I was a Finance Manager....
Old 12-02-2014, 08:46 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Flat spotted tires my butt! You have a issue bigger than that, let them try to fix the issue first, good luck...
Old 12-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

It just makes me uneasy knowing that I bought the truck less than 24hrs ago and it's giving me problems already. I'm not normally the type of person to complain about purchases, but this truly has me concerned!

I would be fine with them "fixing" it, but what if they never find the problem?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:23 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

**** happens but that does suck its day 1.

Sit down with the sales manager and give him the option to fix it, or give you a different truck.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With regards to your shaking over 60mph it's more then just tires, a guy I work with had the same issue with his truck been in and out of the shop since May and they still haven't fixed it, they have given him every excuse in the book tried everything and still no answer.

I just traded into a new 2014 FX4 a month ago and had some issues with it, dealer has been great about it, I understand your frustrations I have yet to keep my truck for an entire week without it being in the shop. Don't feel bad for making them swap your truck out, you have a right to be concerned it's your hard earned money.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make them give you a different one! A lot of us have had numerous problems with ours in regards to vibrations and electrical problems. I allowed the dealer to keep replacing things, time after time, and finally settled with it being better but not 100%. I then accepted an extended warranty package along with new Michelin tires by the Ford CSM. Once that happened, the CSM now refuses to return phone calls or emails and more problems occurred, such as the paint just started pealing on the side of the bed! No questions asked, as soon as it went into the dealer they took pictures and within a week Ford paid to paint the bed of the truck. But still the Ford CSM refuses to return my calls or emails! So, once you accept a settlement of any kind, you will be stuck and out time and money by having to repeatedly drop your truck off without a loaner.
Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
bobo06 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 10:10 PM

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by cowen226
Make them give you a different one!
Not gonna to happen, and stop suggesting this. Dealers aren't just going to swap trucks because of your first issue, that's what warranty is for.

Bring it in, get it fixed, and keep on lov'n it.

Quick Reply: Brand New F-150 already in the shop!!!