Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes Dragging at Low Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brakes Dragging at Low Speed

I've got a 2013 super crew 4x4 with the Ecoboost and am at 23,000 miles. At about 18,000 I noticed that there was a low groaning noise under 20mph from the front that would change when brake applied. The front rotors suddenly started to groove up. I couldn't feel any heat in the wheel from the pads dragging but something was definitely goofy. I "think" they are only dragging at low speed. Noise was there when not braking and tone would change when turning at low speed and I could feel some slight vibe applying the brakes lightly. Mentioned it at the next oil change and they surfaced both front rotors and the noise went away for a while but came back, and left front was grooved up again. Next oil change (4, 000 miles later) mentioned again and they gave me a bit of a run around but decided the left front caliper wasn't retracting as it should so it was replaced and they again resurfaced both rotors but the pads were just touched up, not replaced. The noise came back almost immediately and continues at low speed.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and what the remedy was. Looking for input on what the problem could be so I can help the dealer figure it out. My warranty ends in November and they are already hesitant to cover the brake parts. If they don't fix it this go around they will never see my truck again.

Quick Reply: Brakes Dragging at Low Speed