Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake failure on a 2014 f150

Old 09-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake failure on a 2014 f150

Last night I got in the truck and started it, pushed on the brake and the pedal went to the floor. Message came up, warning low brake fluid. I checked the fluid and it was almost empty. I added fluid and started driving it but within a mile it was empty again. It had no visible leaks, had it towed to my dealership this morning and I got a call from the service manager this afternoon telling me the master cylinder and booster failed, sucking all the fluid into the booster. I had never heard of a complete brake failure on a new vehicle before, I bought it in April it has 10,500 miles on it. I started searching the web and discovered other people having the same issue. Does anyone know if there was a tsb on it? It can't be that common but wow I'm just kinda shocked, glad I wasn't during on the freeway!
Old 09-03-2015, 08:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

just checked. Nothing on this issue. No TSB or SSM. What I have seen a few times is when Dogs get under the truck and chew on the rear rubber brake hoses from the truck to axle. Had one customer get rid of his outside dog, he tried to kill his owner twice...lol
Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluefox_gt
just checked. Nothing on this issue. No TSB or SSM. What I have seen a few times is when Dogs get under the truck and chew on the rear rubber brake hoses from the truck to axle. Had one customer get rid of his outside dog, he tried to kill his owner twice...lol
bet those dogs had the craps when they tasted the brake fluid

to the OP I was reading a thread on this just last night. I am concerned about this happening to me yet again. I had this happen to me in a Subaru Outback a couple years ago and it is not fun when coming up on traffic and you hit the brakes and nothing is there. I hope Ford sorts it out before too long.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake failure on a 2014 f150