Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Caliper and Mount Bracket Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Brake Caliper and Mount Bracket Question

Can someone here help with some info. I just replaced my Rotors and Brake pads because my originals were warped. I had them cut but it did not solve the vibration and shaking when I braked. Also, I did replace my pads after I cut my originals.
So, I installed them today without any issues and everything works like it should but on the drivers side the wear is just along the outer edge of the rotor, about 1-1 1/2 inches towards the center. The passenger side wear is the whole pad surface. The driver side caliper moves like it should when the brake pedal is applied(both pistons move and retract normal). But the funny thing is the driver side caliper is tight in the mount bracket unlike the passenger side. It will float some when moved with my hand... I greased everything up like I should, pins but its tight as hell and the rotor is hard to spin also.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 716 Likes on 492 Posts

Make sure you didn't mix up the inside and outside pads on the drivers side as discussed in this video.

The following users liked this post:
WGFA (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Thanks!!! I just back from checking them. I had both "EARS" on the drivers side. Duh! I had no clue it was like that. I even searched here and elsewhere but I must of just overlooked that if someone mentioned it. Well I did drive the truck about 12 times for the beak in before I looked and switched them to where they should be. Hopefully I didn't do to much damaged. I did another break in after and now the rotor has half of it showing wear. Also the driver side caliper now floats by just pushing it back and forth and the rotor now turns freely. Again, thanks a lot!!!!

Quick Reply: Brake Caliper and Mount Bracket Question