Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOSS 302 Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOSS 302 Install

Just finished the install of the BOSS intake today and it looks great. And I was able to fit the K&N from the stock manifold. The only part I had to buy was a 1 foot tube with clamps. Not sure what it went to but if you got any questions lemme know.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:26 AM

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

How long did it take you?
The following users liked this post:
Raven2210 (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Ford Fanatic

Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

What he said^ How does she feel now. I keep seeing mixed reviews.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i got the stock intake off on friday but then it rained on and off until sunday morning so she was sitting for a while. Taking it off was pretty easy. Getting it on was also relatively easy. The most time consuming part was just setting the intake in place. If you know what you're doing you could get it done in 30 mins.

And she feels good. I haven't gotten the tune yet but I can still feel more high end torque. Ill let you know when I get the tune in a few days. Got an E-85 tune too
Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Why did you not buy it with the AFE intake + tune that Stage3 offers?

Originally Posted by 4.6Intruder
What he said^ How does she feel now. I keep seeing mixed reviews.
The few that I see (being the rare upgrade this is) all praise it. Although doesn't much of the power come from higher rpm range?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

here is a pic of mine i did a few months ago. got it tuned by a guy here locally i know. truck runs so strong. iv'e seen mixed reviews on these installs as well but pulling the trigger on it was the best thing iv'e done to open up the motor. it runs on a 93octane tune now, but every now and then i will mix some e85 with it. usually just half and half. what i did was by a boss manifold used online from a guy locally and installed it myself. did the research on what i needed to extend hose wise and went to the auto parts store and just took my time doing it. it was a pain in the butt and took me about 7 hours but like i said. once i got it tuned it was completely worth it. i will advise if you are running the boss manifold, get an oil separator! this will make the manifold last and do its job better. not to mention the higher octane rating it can give you.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lemoore2wd
Just finished the install of the BOSS intake today and it looks great. And I was able to fit the K&N from the stock manifold. The only part I had to buy was a 1 foot tube with clamps. Not sure what it went to but if you got any questions lemme know.
new to this, see my post above. forgot to quote you in it lol my fault
Old 03-07-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Any difference in low end, I keep reading it eats low end torque, which someone towing would need.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by RajunKajun59
Any difference in low end, I keep reading it eats low end torque, which someone towing would need.

That's all I was reading about too. It didn't effect it as much as people talk about IMO. Yeah it is going to lower the numbers some (ex. mine are 340rwhp/331tq) but like everyone says, if you want it back get some long tube headers and a good set of mid-pipes. I plan on doing that this year some time. overall my truck is still a beast in the low gears. I have pulled a few trailers since the install (all pretty loaded down with stuff helping some buddies move) and this last weekend loaded a pallet of 178 landscaping rocks in the bed of the truck (not sure the exact weight but the truck was sagging low) and the truck pushed it all like it was nothing; and i'm on a performance tune.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Installed it on my Bro in laws limited about a month ago. He got the Intake, 85mm BBK tb and CAI combo with tunes from stage 3. Biggest pain for us was hammering back the firewall. Pretty simple other than that. We noticed a lot better throttle response. Didn't lose much down low but gained a bit up top. Love the looks. Will probably buy one for my 5.0 at some point.
Attached Thumbnails BOSS 302 Install-image-186889485.jpg  

Quick Reply: BOSS 302 Install