Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boogers in the Factory Paint

Old 11-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Boogers in the Factory Paint

My F150 FX4 is now 5 weeks old. Is that a birthday

After having a crazy difficulty with overspray when having a bed liner applied, I had to clay bar the whole truck. Followed that up with Griot's carnauba wax. Took me all weekend but the truck looks great

While working on the truck there were an unbelievable number of paint boogers. I'm not talking minor stuff here. Some of these spots look like a lint ball trapped in the paint with the largest two being about half the size of a BB. It's very clear they were either part of the paint from lack of filtering when sprayed or somehow fell into the paint while being sprayed. There are many different sizes and locations of these boogers; around 12-15 of them total.

I've never seen a factory paint job with these boogers before. The '99 F150 I traded in didn't have a single one. My wife's Subaru doesn't have a single booger.

It just seems odd. Does anyone else have these things on their F150?
Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 PM

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFeatherFX4
My F150 FX4 is now 5 weeks old. Is that a birthday

After having a crazy difficulty with overspray when having a bed liner applied, I had to clay bar the whole truck. Followed that up with Griot's carnauba wax. Took me all weekend but the truck looks great

While working on the truck there were an unbelievable number of paint boogers. I'm not talking minor stuff here. Some of these spots look like a lint ball trapped in the paint with the largest two being about half the size of a BB. It's very clear they were either part of the paint from lack of filtering when sprayed or somehow fell into the paint while being sprayed. There are many different sizes and locations of these boogers; around 12-15 of them total.

I've never seen a factory paint job with these boogers before. The '99 F150 I traded in didn't have a single one. My wife's Subaru doesn't have a single booger.

It just seems odd. Does anyone else have these things on their F150?
first12 months and miles covers BAD paint
take it back and have it fixed....
Old 11-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is the same way. I have noticed several spots in mine that look like sand particals.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have 5 or 6 of them too. My '04 was flawless but the '11 is pretty jacked. I am really unimpressed so far with the quality of the paint job. As a matter of fact my dealer is working with Ford on a couple of the issues for warranty.

I can post them if you like. They are not "boogers" so I don't want to hijack your thread.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Sucks to have any imperfections in a new paint job. However there is no way I would have it fixed. The repair would probably be worse than the flaw or they would bark something else up in the process. I do speak from experience
Old 11-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issues here.. They wanted to pull the front windshield to fix my a pillar and I said no way... That's only one of the many problem areas.. Got a free extended warranty out of it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boogers in the Factory Paint