Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body work questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Body work questions...

Let me start off with saying I made my own bad decision this past weekend and cause some damage to my truck. I more or less was trying to squeeze between another truck and a commercial apparatus in which the rear bumper of the commercial truck ended up scraping and denting the body of the right rear door and corner.

Total damage estimate is $1550.00 and will be going into the shop this coming Monday. I use my preferred dealer for service and their body shop. I have a few questions as the process to fix the truck is pretty extensive.

They are taking out my tool box, taking off the bed, taking out the rear glass (power slider), and replacing the molding on the right rear of the roof and rear door plastic cover between the doors so its a seemless paint job.

I have two major concerns. One. The bed not being back in its factory position and aligned properly. Two. The rear glass leaking or etc after it is replaced. Anyone have any of this done and can settle my nerves about this?

Here is the damage.
Attached Thumbnails Body work questions...-20151122_073812.jpg  
Old 11-24-2015, 06:21 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

If either is wrong, make them fix it.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Did you raise these concerns already? If not, do so when you drop it off. Tell them the bed alignment and glass are a concern of yours. Clearly they want to do it right. I've seen many shops that will not remove the bed for this type of repair. Usually for an out of pocket scenario. Secondly, they are taking the time for a nice paint job, that usually means the put together will have the same care. I say usually, because I can't speak for that shop.

Also, most shops use a glass professional. I know every shop I've worked at has. Again, I say "most" because I can't speak for them. Some body techs do glass, but(again) usually(haha) a glass person takes care of that. Body shop can convey your concern to the glass person

Quick Reply: Body work questions...