Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best price on OEM F-150 key with R/S

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 08:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best price on OEM F-150 key with R/S

Bought a $25.00 key on Amazon and it programmed to start the truck but buttons wouldn’t work. Sending it back but the on line prices for OEM are $110.00. Can that be right?
Old 02-23-2019, 09:52 PM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Did you try to program the button with your truck's fob programming instructions? For the cheap keys, it's 2 separate programmings for the ignition and fob, where a factory key all programs when you program the ignition.

That price is about right for a new OEM key. I got a refurbished OEM key online for around $50, but I wouldn't do it again. It seemed to work fine at first, but now the range is poor (yes, I've changed the battery a couple times). My original keys work from farther away.
The following users liked this post:
Jonmad (02-24-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 11:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonmad
Bought a $25.00 key on Amazon and it programmed to start the truck but buttons wouldn’t work. Sending it back but the on line prices for OEM are $110.00. Can that be right?
At dealer they OEM key is about $180 + 50-75 for programming. I just bought one cause I ain’t wanna wait for shipping. =\
Old 02-24-2019, 06:08 AM

Default Instructions not in owners manual.

Originally Posted by jp360cj
Did you try to program the button with your truck's fob programming instructions? For the cheap keys, it's 2 separate programmings for the ignition and fob, where a factory key all programs when you program the ignition.

That price is about right for a new OEM key. I got a refurbished OEM key online for around $50, but I wouldn't do it again. It seemed to work fine at first, but now the range is poor (yes, I've changed the battery a couple times). My original keys work from farther away.
There are no instructions for programming the buttons separately from the key. If anyone could point me to those instructions it would be great. I would like to get them working rather than sending the key back. Truck starts. Just no buttons working. The paper that came with the key sends me to a web site that says the same thing as the owners manual. No second set of instructions for buttons. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:17 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Cycle the ignition on/off ending in the run position when the door locks cycle (8 times IIRC) then press any button on a key fob, the locks should cycle again, press any button on all other key fobs in succession (locks will cycle with each new fob programmed) then turn the key off, the locks will cycle 1 last time to tell you programming mode has completed.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:58 AM

Received 347 Likes on 187 Posts

REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Please make sure to read through the programming before attempting.All remotes that are expected to work for the vehicle will need to be with you in the vehicle before attempting to program. Any remotes not present at the time of programming will cease to function until reprogrammed.

1. Enter the vehicle, close, and unlock all doors using the power unlock switch on the driver’s door.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Within ten (10) seconds, switch the key as far to the ON position as it will go without starting; then back to OFF, perform this step eight (8) times ending in the ON position on the eighth (8th) time. Each cycle ON to OFF will count as one (1).If the door locks appear to be cycling after the fourth (4th) ON to OFF cycle, restart the procedure from STEP 1 and only turn the key four (4) times in this STEP, ending in the ON position the fourth (4th) time.At this point the vehicle door locks should automatically lock and unlock, indicating that the programming mode has been activated. If the door locks do not cycle automatically then the programming procedure has failed and you need to restart the procedure from STEP 1.
4. Within seven (7) seconds, using any remote, (we recommend first programming original remotes if you have one) press and release the LOCK button. The vehicle doors will automatically lock and unlock indicating the new remote has been accepted.
5. Repeat STEP 4 for all remaining remotes you wish to program (you can program up to four (4) remotes total).
6. Once you have programmed all your remotes, exit the programming mode by turning the key off and removing it from the ignition.
7. Test all remotes to ensure they are functioning. If any did not program, restart the programming procedure from STEP 1 and switch the order in which you are programming the remotes.
KEY PROGRAMMING

Please make sure to read through the programming instructions completely before attempting.You must have two (2) factory keys that can start the vehicle to perform this procedure. If you do not have two (2) factory keys for the vehicle currently, a trip to a dealership or an automotive locksmith will be required for the programming.

1. Enter the vehicle and close the driver’s door.
2. Using the first factory key, insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position as far as it will go without starting the vehicle and wait three (3) seconds; then turn it to the OFF position and remove the key.
3. Using a second factory key, insert the key into the ignition and turn to the ON position as far as it will go without starting and wait three (3) seconds.
4. Turn the key OFF and remove it from the ignition.
5. Using a new key, insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the ON position as far as it will go without starting and wait two (2) seconds.At this point the vehicle will illuminate the immobilizer warning lamp (usually a circular red light or car shaped red light on the dashboard display) for three (3) seconds, then the light will go out, indicating that the key has been programmed successfully.
6. Once you have programmed your key, exit the programming mode by turning the key OFF and remove it from the ignition.
7. Test the key to ensure it is functioning by starting the vehicle with it. If it did not program, restart the programming procedure from STEP 1.
8. To program additional keys, restart the programming procedure from STEP 1 and use the same two factory keys to program the remaining (you can program up to 8 keys total).

Last edited by IAJack; 02-24-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:21 AM

Default Success!

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Cycle the ignition on/off ending in the run position when the door locks cycle (8 times IIRC) then press any button on a key fob, the locks should cycle again, press any button on all other key fobs in succession (locks will cycle with each new fob programmed) then turn the key off, the locks will cycle 1 last time to tell you programming mode has completed.
That worked. Thanks again for all the help. If not for the help from this forum I would not have remote start. Just waiting for the antenna to arrive but it does work without.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:40 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I have a brand new OEM RS fob if anyone is interested. I bought it a while back and never ended up using it.
The following users liked this post:
Lindseyb44 (12-30-2023)
Old 03-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully this helps someone looking to be a new or refurbed key for their truck to program to remote start. Got his refurbed key today for $60 and should be delivered on Friday. Better work alot better than the other I bought.

https://www.keynet.com/ford-remote-h...lup-rs-refurb/

They also have a brand new key for $90, which in my area the Dealer wants anywhere from $124 to $160 for a brand new key
Old 05-26-2020, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK so I get all this about the upgraded key fob stuff.
I have a 2010 F150 Lariat with remote start and the factory key fob with the blue start button. And the original 2 keys.
I purchased 2 new 2011 4 button key fob & key all in one, I was able to program the key chips and am now able to start the the truck with the 2 keys using the key. And program the buttons.
The lock/unlock buttons and panic buttons work but the auto-start button won't. My old key fob you would just push the blue button down and hold it for 3 seconds and let it go and the truck would start in 5 seconds.
The new key fob's have the start button but it says push twice. I tried all the combinations but can't get the truck to start.
Any help?

Old OEM stock Fob

New Fob's

Last edited by Ian B; 05-26-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Best price on OEM F-150 key with R/S