Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug Reinstallation

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedrug Reinstallation

I hate to create another post about a Bedrug but I could not find the information I was looking for be doing a search through the forums.

I purchased a used Bedrug for $40 today on Craig's List for my 2010 Supercab. It is in great shape. I have read the installation forums on the site but have not came across anyone who has reinstalled a Bedrug. I have ordered the installation pack from Bedrug. Before I install the new liner are there any tips or tricks that anyone has learned that has done a reinstall before?

Thanks for your help
Old 08-08-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Should be able to follow the instructions for a new install off the BedRug website.

Installed one years ago, seemed daunting at first but it all came together in the end.

Last edited by SNOW.; 08-08-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfpack33
I hate to create another post about a Bedrug but I could not find the information I was looking for be doing a search through the forums.

I purchased a used Bedrug for $40 today on Craig's List for my 2010 Supercab. It is in great shape. I have read the installation forums on the site but have not came across anyone who has reinstalled a Bedrug. I have ordered the installation pack from Bedrug. Before I install the new liner are there any tips or tricks that anyone has learned that has done a reinstall before?

Thanks for your help
Go to YouTube. There are several good videos of installations. Each is different so you learn a little more as you watch.
I just bought a used bedrug this morn also.
How much you pay for the installation kit?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure your bed is clean, ecspecially the drains at the front of the bed.

Aside from that, should be just like installing a new Bedrug.

http://www.bedrug.com/images/pdf/bri...structions.pdf
Old 08-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I had my bed run in my truck for two years and never installed the velcro to hold it! I FINALLY got around to installing it the right way this past weekend. I ended up washing the bed with Citrus wash...it was just dusty. Vacuumed the bed rug completely..and installed. It was so simple...jsut attache all the velcros in the spots you want...then put it in the bed of the truck...see where the velcro will be attached, and clean that area with IPA, and then jsut pull off the plastic on the adhesive of the velcro and push on. At the end cut a slit to allow the bed tie downs to poke through or remove them and reattach over the bed rug...

Last edited by TimelessR1; 08-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiex
Make sure your bed is clean,
+1. You don't want any grit between the bedrug and the paint... If there is grit, over time it will ruin the paint underneath.

Other than that, it's a very easy install. Tailgate step version is a bit more work...
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help. I called bed rug and the installation kit was $30 plus shipping. Im sure that it could be bought cheaper somewhere else. I hated to spend almost as much on velcro as I did on the liner itself.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

I just put my used one in. Fits nice and since I have a tonneau cover, I will not buy the bedrug installation kit. Will get some Velcro at a local store and put it in the tailgate area only. The rest is in place with no worries.
Thanks to all for their replies.
Joe
Attached Thumbnails Bedrug Reinstallation-image-1307687042.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bedrug Reinstallation