Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BDS vs Zone Suspension Lift

Old 02-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Default BDS vs Zone Suspension Lift

So I go to a shop today to do some shopping for lifts. The salesperson tells me the Zone lift is the same as BDS lift. Both made by BDS. Zone lift is $400 cheaper.

Very reputable place and I've used them before for wheels and tires.

Tire Country in Pompano Beach Florida.

We look them up while at the shop and they look the exact same.

Got home and did a little research and it looks like a good alternative. Same warranty too.

Any comments?

Last edited by justjimmy; 02-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Most components are the same. The bds has nice laser etching and the zone is just blank on the front crossmember. Other than that, it's just the warranty that is different as far as I know.
I think both are great. It's like Lexus and Toyota. Both will last forever but one has a fancier look.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Default BDS vs Zone Suspension Lift

Originally Posted by zacharyz
Most components are the same. The bds has nice laser etching and the zone is just blank on the front crossmember. Other than that, it's just the warranty that is different as far as I know.
I think both are great. It's like Lexus and Toyota. Both will last forever but one has a fancier look.
Regarding the warranty, I dug deeper into the warranty and you're right, they are different. The Zone basically says if you abuse it, its not covered.

It's use is for off road...duh. I will never beat it up...too expensive of a beautiful truck but the peace of mind is important to me.

I think I'll go with the BDS.

Last edited by justjimmy; 02-07-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump, looking into this as well
Old 02-16-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I worked at a shop that sold both lifts. They are the same in terms of components. Besides the warranty the other difference is the fit and finish.

BDS is finished quite a bit nicer wth better powder coating, smooth and gray... At least it was great when I worked at the company a little over a year ago. Zone, they take the same components, don't worry about small welding slag and such and do a more economical powder coat. Black with the slight bedliner like texture. Both will get the job done... So you can't really go wrong either way.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pike2350
I worked at a shop that sold both lifts. They are the same in terms of components. Besides the warranty the other difference is the fit and finish.

BDS is finished quite a bit nicer wth better powder coating, smooth and gray... At least it was great when I worked at the company a little over a year ago. Zone, they take the same components, don't worry about small welding slag and such and do a more economical powder coat. Black with the slight bedliner like texture. Both will get the job done... So you can't really go wrong either way.
this ^

shop told me the same and my research agrees. same peeps and the bds has nicer looking bottom crossmember. the shop I took it to refused to do rough country because they dont want their name on it ha. Happy with my zone so far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BDS vs Zone Suspension Lift