Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Dead Twice in 1.5 weeks on New Truck

Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry Battery Dead Twice in 1.5 weeks on New Truck

Well, bad news on my 1.5 week old Tremor. Worked great from the day I picked it up (28th) through the 3rd. Friday morning, only some lights turn on and not enough juice to even try to turn the engine over. My dad comes over later and we take the battery to AutoZone (he works there part-time since he's not ready to fully retire and sit around the house). Anyway, it doesn't test out well so we get a new battery and I figure I'll take the issue up with my dealer this week. I leave the truck sit with the new battery installed for 8+ hours overnight Friday. It starts up fine the couple times I run out Saturday and again on Sunday. Go to work fine on Monday. Get up to go to work today, and it struggles but goes. Leave work, no lights at all and I need a jump. I checked the voltage when I got home tonight after 25 minutes of runtime and the battery read 12.63 volts right after I turned the truck off. Here at 7PM it reads 12.31 volts. I do see from some past posts here potential issues with the camera harness and the shift lock solenoid. Heading to the dealer in the morning to find out. Alternator seems fine, as I see 13.5 - 14.5 volts while running, and the truck acts completely normal. I know I really need to measure amps, but I'd have to borrow a meter from work to do that, I don't have one at home. And for those who may ask, I don't leave anything plugged in or the keys in the ignition. I haven't seen the phantom dash lights at night, but it doesn't mean that it is not happening. Anyhow, I hope this can be fixed soon. I like the truck a lot, and my previous 2011 Mustang (and wife's 2013 Edge) have been trouble free.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I have had 3 batteries since October.. This truck isn't my daily driver and I was told to crank it more often (Gets driven on weekends). They couldn't find anything wrong drawing so they just replaced the battery again. Interior lights wouldn't even come on last week and had to jump it with a civic.. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery Dead Twice in 1.5 weeks on New Truck