Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad day at the dealer..

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bad day at the dealer..

Wanted different views from where im coming from on a trip to the dealer the other day. Im chasing the famous steering wheel rattle, popping in my fx4. I went to my local dealership the other day, thoroughbred ford off barry road in kansas city missouri. I go to this one for the fact that my service advisor is the coolest guy ever, he treats me awesome and takes care of me and the girlfriend. Anyways going to pick up the girlfriends car for a few minor warrenty issues. 2011 focus se.. First downer of the day. Advisor asked if she wanted a car wash, she said yes. 10 mins later my advisor finds me and her and says he has bad news. The wash cracked the windshield from a pin sized chip...he says we can call insurance or get her one cheap. WAIT.. It did NOT go in with a broken windshield and now its coming out with one that we have to pay for??? Views on this? I think this should be covered by the dealers insurance. Or at LEAST half and half on a windshield...

So we look to my truck.. Girlfriends furious so she goes into the waiting lounge.. I had it in days prior for a steering shaft at a attempt to fix my steering wheel issue. So im back for the problem and my advisor wanted the service manager to ride with me. I told him a gravel road would bring out the sound in the pop and definately the feel but he insisted we go to a washed out spot in the parking lot where tire indentions have created a bump run. So i rolled windows up turned off music and air and drove across it. Of coarse even the washed out parking lot made the sound.. Service manager says man "we got alot of issues like this, all you gotta do is turn up the music""hahahaha" ...really? So i told him well when its making the noise is when i feel it in the wheel. Now he feeds me BS about interior rattles seem to pass into the dash so you can hear it better. Who made this guy a service manager? Theres obviously a steering issue here in the rack or maybe the rack itself. I cant believe this guy is telling me to turn up the music to fade out the sound of my steering wheel popping on my $32000 truck... Anyways i finally got him to agree that it should be looked at again. Thank god..

Views on this service manager? Should a complaint be filed? On both me and the girls cases? I know the manager is taking care of it but he was obviously trying not to take the truck in thinking im full of it which is disrespectful.

The one good thing i could say about this day is a salesman let me take out a 2013 GT 6spd.. That car is simply a wonderful piece of machinary. The performance, handling and visuals are outstanding. Also the new track apps are cool. And the lcd displays air to fuel, oil pressure and air intake temp. Why cant the trucks with lcd displays have that?!

Thanks for listening
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 AM
swazispencer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Honestly, I wouldn't let those *****holes touch your cars dude. The guy obviously couldn't give two *****s about customer service.

If the service person admitted that they cracked it, they sure as hell better fix it.

My wife rear ended someone in her 2007 focus, we took it to the dealerships, and when it was all done, there were huge gaps in all the lines in the fenders, the hood, the bumper, and the headlights. I brought it to the attention of the repairs lady, and she gave me some BS about how thats just how it is on all Ford cars and it cant be fixed.
Oh they fixed it alright!
Drove it home, at night, and the headlights pointed straight to the ground! I was furious! I took it back the very next morning, and made them fix it. And they gave me another BS reason.
All in all, I am not a complainer, I hate when people whine, but if I'm paying for something, I want it done right, the first time.

You make them do it dude, until you're satisfied. If they cant do that for you, I'm sure theres plenty of other dealerships around that would love to earn your business.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

I'd say don't sweat the windshield crack. If there was a chip it was going to crack any way, just dumb luck that it happened with the dealer.

And hey if they are taking care of you and your truck (which it sounds like they are) I'd leave it alone, even though his joking was in poor taste.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MT-Ford
I'd say don't sweat the windshield crack. If there was a chip it was going to crack any way, just dumb luck that it happened with the dealer.

And hey if they are taking care of you and your truck (which it sounds like they are) I'd leave it alone, even though his joking was in poor taste.
I completely agree but it seems like that in that poor taste hes just gonna have a tech shake down the front end and make sure everything is tight. I know its deeper than that..
Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

That where I take my truck and wife's car. Now I'm thinking differently about it.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by fx4f-150
I completely agree but it seems like that in that poor taste hes just gonna have a tech shake down the front end and make sure everything is tight. I know its deeper than that..
If they don't fix it right then you should definitely get after them at that point.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

I would say give them this last chance to fix it. And then if the issue is still not resolved, ride their *** about getting it done properly and file a complaint with the proper higher ups.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The windshield would **** me off. How do they know it had a chip before going in? If they did and this sort of thing happens then they should have told you it may crack before you let it go through. Bottom line is it happened while in their car wash and like you said they should at least split the cost.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Sand Addict

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Coming from a dealer (I'm the asst service manager) I can relate to the windshield thing, that stuff happens all the time and really can't be eaten by the dealer unless they hit it with the pressure sprayer wand or something or was caused by negligence on their end IMO.
But the rattle is another story. The tech will lose his *** time wise on a warranty rattle no doubt, but that is part of the game. They still should fix it and make it right.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

No more dealerships for me unless it's warranty. They should cover the windshield. The new GT's are nice until you get behind the wheel of a new Shelby! LOL. I own a 10 sec supercharged 347 Fox body w/Tremec 6 speed and it's a beast, but the 2012 Shelby just feels tremendously more "solid" to me. $70,000 is about 40 g's too much for ANY Mustang AFAIC...My Fox body cost me about 14,000 including to cost of the car and the upgrades...

Quick Reply: Bad day at the dealer..