Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backwoods Bumpers Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 03:28 PM

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Backwoods Bumpers Installed!

I know these bumpers isn't everyone's cup of tea. So if that is you, move along. My truck is a home depot crawler and my off road toy. So feel free to **** off.

Purchase:

Evan was great and responded quickly to every email. Originally ordered them in the middle of July so there is quiet a back order for custom built bumpers. I felt the price was more than fair, $3000 delivered ($365 to my location) with all the lights included and installed.

Delivery:

The delivery company does not deliver to residential unless you offer up a significant amount of money or sexual favors so I had it delivered to my work. I checked the load before acceptance and it all looked good. However after unpacking there was some rub marks on the top of the load...meaning the freight guys stacked crap on top of my bumpers.

Install:

The front bumper comes iwth two brackets that are mounted to the frame with 8 bolts (4 on each side) that take the place of the stock bumper bolts and the tow hook bolts. The bumper then bolts to the brackets with a total of 4 bolts. I did this loosely until I get the bumper aligned (320lb with 12,500 winch installed). It helps if you have a buddy as the bumper is heavy to lift (manageable if you know what a gym is) and if you have a spotter to help make sure the alignment is good (I used a jack to hold it as I had no spotter).

The rear was about the same. It bolts in the the stock points with 4 bolts. The only pain in the god forsaken backup sensors which are not made to be used more than once (imo). I crammed then in there noting the stock alignment and then worked on some alignment issues that caused false positives. I had ZERO issues with this bumper alignment.

Power is a different story. I made a water tight marine container to hold all my relays....this took 5 hours. Compared to the 2 to remove and installed the bumpers.

By the pictures you will see I already went out and played. I face planted the nose of the truck with minor scratches. Again, zero issues.
The following users liked this post:
jedeckert1984 (10-24-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 03:30 PM

Before

Old 10-24-2015, 03:35 PM

After (with mud):

Where I mounted my switches for the light bar and backup lights.

Grill Clearance.

I mounted my hood release on the bracket for my fullrace intercooler.

I mounted my hood release on the bracket for my fullrace intercooler.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

I guess I'll just move along and **** off, then
Old 10-24-2015, 05:42 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Love the rear bumper but front is way overkill and looks disproportionate to the rest of the truck.

I honk it's the crappy looking rims with street tires and all the chrome BS that's throwing it off. If it were mine, get rid of chrome and get a more aggressive tire and fender flares, that would look right at home with the front bumper!
Old 10-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Yeah..North American Standard is to chrome everything straight from the dealership... they will go away slowly (for now I cover them with mud).

The tires are 275/65R20 Toyo AT2's...and they rub slightly on the rear f the front tires, so I can't go any bigger...for now (should have done a 4" lift right out the gate).
RES4CUE (10-24-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking good. How much does the rear bumper weigh?
Old 10-24-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by crazydubc
Yeah..North American Standard is to chrome everything straight from the dealership... they will go away slowly (for now I cover them with mud). The tires are 275/65R20 Toyo AT2's...and they rub slightly on the rear f the front tires, so I can't go any bigger...for now (should have done a 4" lift right out the gate).
I'm not a chrome guy at all but muddy chrome is cool!

Maybe it's the offset of rim, I've seen these bumpers on trucks with MTs that hang out slightly with larger fender flares and it looks good.

I'm really interested in that rear bumper as my stock is flimsy and I can see little imperfections starting where the plastic step pads meet he metal.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Looks good! With some Toyo MT's or Trail Graps it will look awesome!
Old 10-24-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

That's ummm mud??

Seriously though, I agree with rescue. Bumper is wayyy over the top compared to the rest of the truck. Need some diff offset rims, Flares and more aggressive tires to compliment it.

Love the lights in the bumpers though, pretty nice.
RES4CUE (10-24-2015)

Quick Reply: Backwoods Bumpers Installed!