Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back to the Dealer @ 3942 KM

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Back to the Dealer @ 3942 KM

Ah the joys of the vehicular problems.

After running great all day, passenger window started acting up, not going up or down with any switch. Cycling the key a few times would usually fix it.

Went to leave site, and truck was locked in fifth gear. Tried cycling the key, and after a dozen times, it decided that it preferred third gear.. Started throwing codes. Called my dealer, who recommended calling Ford Roadside for the 200km tow. Funny thing is the truck ran great, just wouldn't shift.

As of today, (truck has been at the dealer since Thursday, Jan. 19), they can't replicate the window issue, have replaced the entire PCM wiring harness, and now have a 7 day wait after ordering a switch for the transmission.

At least they provided me with a rental. 2005 F150. Ticks like a diesel, driver's side window doesn't go up without fighting, and the stereo cannot be adjusted except for volume. And while I enjoy country music, only so much of it.

Last edited by Craddosk; 01-24-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Craddosk
Ah the joys of the vehicular problems.

After running great all day, passenger window started acting up, not going up or down with any switch. Cycling the key a few times would usually fix it.

Went to leave site, and truck was locked in fifth gear. Tried cycling the key, and after a dozen times, it decided that it preferred third gear.. Started throwing codes. Called my dealer, who recommended calling Ford Roadside for the 200km tow. Funny thing is the truck ran great, just wouldn't shift.

As of today, (truck has been at the dealer since Thursday, Jan. 19), they can't replicate the window issue, have replaced the entire PCM wiring harness, and now have a 7 day wait after ordering a switch for the transmission.

At least they provided me with a rental. 2005 F150. Ticks like a diesel, driver's side window doesn't go up without fighting, and the stereo cannot be adjusted except for volume. And while I enjoy country music, only so much of it.
I shouldn't have read this earlier. Was on my way into town, felt the truck lug and looked down at my dash and the CEL was on. Still seemed to run good but reving high so switched on my gear display and it was stuck in third.
At the dealer right now getting it checked.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck. Mine first told me tranny issues, then changed it to replacing the PCM wiring harness, and now also a switch on the transmission.

Hopefully your dealer treats you like mine, with a free rental and updates as the work may change.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM

Transmission fluid temperature sensor is the code it brought up. Checking for bad wiring first but hopefully get it back tomorrow. May have to order and wait for parts.
They are a good dealer but small town so all I get is an old Taurus for a loaner.
Hopefully won't be too long as I've got jobs I need to pull the trailer to.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

my truck just did the window thing yesterday!! I went to roll down the driver and passenger windown and nothing! The backs went down just fine. Cycled the engine on and off and it worked just fine after that. HMMMM if it becomes more prevalent Ill take it in
Old 01-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Got the truck back this afternoon. Haven't got the paperwork yet so not sure exactly what they changed.
They did reprogram the trans though. My gear display is now on fulltime :-)
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I wish I had the gear display all the time.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by summertop511
I wish I had the gear display all the time.
If you have the select shift transmission, just hit the plus on the shifter and it will show up in the productivity screen.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by tom231

If you have the select shift transmission, just hit the plus on the shifter and it will show up in the productivity screen.
Used to have to do that everytime you start the truck. With update, it stays on.

Quick Reply: Back to the Dealer @ 3942 KM