Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone w/ Rough Country 6" Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone w/ Rough Country 6" Lift?

Ok so a little back history of what is going on with this money pit of an issue.... first off I bought my truck used and as we all know when buying used vehicles you don't know what your getting sometimes.... So first thing I bought some bilstein 5100's and had installed on the truck to level out the front and it didn't it actually just made both taller so then I paid to have the rear block removed and this did solve the problem... then I got the lift itch and bought a Rough Country 6" lift and paid the extra to get the N2.0 Struts that are 6" so you don't have the spacer.... well after that the rear end is still higher than the front lol.... from center of the wheel my front is 28" from the top of the fender and the rear is 30.75" from the fender.... so I thought why not get a 2" strut spacer, but I called Rough Country first and they are telling me that even though I have the upgraded struts and currently no spacer that my truck should be leveled after talking me through some things to check I found out my truck has an add-a-leaf installed and this has been the issue all along....

So he told me my best solution is to remove the add-a-leaf but I don't want to I would rather raise the front to match the rear.... so has anyone added a 2" spacer on a 6" strut without any issues? If that is not a good solution has anyone added a 8" coilover like fox or king with success, or would there be a lot more involved to make that work?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

I wound not push the kit to a 8". As that kit is already stretched at 6". As the only difference between the 4 and 6 inch kits are the front spacer and rear block, they both use the same drop down brackets. If you need to lower the rear , Rc has drop shackles of 1"-2" for 50.00 . But removing the add a leaf is the cheapest option

If you do 8" you will need an new upper control arm with a uni ball to get some down travel back. And angles on axles will be affected , and don't be surprised if ride suffers too.

http://www.roughcountry.com/lowering...es-rc0502.html

Last edited by WireNutz; 03-06-2017 at 10:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mself52 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 10:28 AM

WireNutz I don't have spacers in the front I have the upgraded 6" struts with no spacer.... what would you recommend to keep my lift in the back? is it possible to add a 2" body lift only to the front so that nothing with the suspension would change? Or would it be possible to get 8" coilovers from King and change to a better UCA like camburg?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mself52
WireNutz I don't have spacers in the front I have the upgraded 6" struts with no spacer.... what would you recommend to keep my lift in the back? is it possible to add a 2" body lift only to the front so that nothing with the suspension would change? Or would it be possible to get 8" coilovers from King and change to a better UCA like camburg?
With the full lift strut you could do a 1.5-2" spacer on top and see what it does first. And see what issues are created at 8". As a cheap spacer is a better option first , then dropping over 2k for custom coilovers and a uca and finding out you need more then just that.
mself52 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You could also try to remove a block from the rear while leaving the add a leaf. You may have to get a smaller block depending on how much drop you need and how high it currently sits. Just a thought if you do decide to get it level without raising the front more.
mself52 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 02:15 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

He was just saying that it doesn't matter what you use whether it's the spacer or their 6" struts, the new lower control arm drop down brackets are the same for the 4" and 6" kits. It is known that some kits actually don't give you a full 6" drop down bracket.
You could add a body lift but that will end up lifting the whole truck so you will still have the height difference front to back.
I would have to agree and see if you like adding a 1.5" or 2" spacer on top of your struts to solve your issue. Your ride will definitely get a bit harsher but you may be okay with it.
If money is no option, you can certainly get a set of custom coilovers for upfront with uniball UCA's.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:53 PM

What if i went to a different UCA like the Camburg would it give any extra room? I'm willing to pay for Coilovers and a better UCA if that would allow even half the difference
Old 03-08-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Change you rear block.
The kit you have is a 4" kit stretched to 6", stretching it to 8 wouldn't be the best thing for your truck.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by smgfx4
Change you rear block.
The kit you have is a 4" kit stretched to 6", stretching it to 8 wouldn't be the best thing for your truck.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is If anyone has links or knows what i can replace to make it no longer be 6"..... Is it just the knuckle isnt tall enough? I promise I'm not being difficult i know currently the easiest thing is lower the rear....But i don't want lower i want to eventually goto 37" tires and i want to try and not buy an entire new kit....I'm hoping someone would have been here before and know what to buy to adjust the front of the kit to take away the limitation
Old 03-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is If anyone has links or knows what i can replace to make it no longer be 6"..... Is it just the knuckle isnt tall enough? I promise I'm not being difficult i know currently the easiest thing is lower the rear....But i don't want lower i want to eventually goto 37" tires and i want to try and not buy an entire new kit....I'm hoping someone would have been here before and know what to buy to adjust the front of the kit to take away the limitation
The problem trying to stretch it to 8" is the differential drop bracket. It's the same as the 4" kit. It would be like putting a 4" spacer on a stock truck(no good at all). If you could get a true 6" drop bracket then you could stretch it to 8". It'd be the same as a 2" level on a stock truck
mself52 (03-08-2017)