Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have These Aftermarket Projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone Have These Aftermarket Projectors?

I've been trying to search through posts and see if anybody has these projectors, and so far I haven't seen any. I haven't really been on ebay much to look for headlights. I was pretty sold on just getting the OEM FX4 projectors, but these actually look pretty nice and go with my Tuxedo Black and white theme I have going on the exterior. Anyone? Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Fits-09-14-FORD-F150-FROST-LED-TUBE-DRL-Raptor-SVT-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-/381014501557?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AF-150&hash=item58b63be8b5&vxp=mtr
Old 01-26-2015, 06:00 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

One member does, theyre ok if your going for looks! You can get the oem Hids with the same strip for 850 on ebay, with the wiring harness!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:04 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-14-Ford-F150-OEM-LH-RH-HID-Headlights-B-STOCK-LED-Halo-DRL-PLUG-AND-PLAY-/201194402171?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed81ef17b
http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-14-Ford-F150-OEM-LH-RH-HID-Headlights-B-STOCK-LED-Tube-DRL-PLUG-AND-PLAY-/181559014490?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a45c2b45a
Old 01-26-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought them. I like the look. I'll post some pictures when they come in.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Klashd
I've been trying to search through posts and see if anybody has these projectors, and so far I haven't seen any. I haven't really been on ebay much to look for headlights. I was pretty sold on just getting the OEM FX4 projectors, but these actually look pretty nice and go with my Tuxedo Black and white theme I have going on the exterior. Anyone? Thoughts?

Black Fits 09 14 Ford F150 Frost LED Tube DRL Raptor SVT Projector Headlights | eBay

Funny. I've had my eye on these for the past couple days but can't find any reviews or pictures of them. I have a blue flame and wasn't sure how they would look. Let us know what you think of them when you get them. Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-06-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Klashd
I bought them. I like the look. I'll post some pictures when they come in.
Do you have any pics.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Ford Accessories Manager

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts

I almost bought them for my truck, but apparently the light output sucks compared to OEM halogen.

Here's one thread about them:
https://www.f150forum.com/f59/sharp-headlights-built-led-bars-your-2014-ford-f-150-a-279231/:

Last edited by ExpresswayFord; 03-06-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:27 PM
Spr

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Klashd did you ever end up taking any pics of those headlights?
Would like to see some pics of the output at night.
ExpresswayFord saw the output of the other headlights but I think those are the halogen projector headlights.

I saw on their website that they have HID and Halogen projector ones. Which one did you end up getting KlashD?
Worth the purchase?

SPR
Old 05-29-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Those C-clamp aftermarket projectors look good, aesthetically. Numerous Chiwanese companies are marketing the same, and I'm pretty sure that Spyder/Anzo/Spec-D also offer them under their labels.

Just my opinion, but a couple things to note: Out of the collective lot of these aftermarket halogen projectors, you could expect under the absolute BEST of circumstances to only match the light output of the OEM halogens (which isn't saying much). In most cases, illumination will actually be one to several steps worse than OEM...

With respect to the same aftermarket models that come with several flavors of HID bulb-and-ballast kits, I've yet to see any of these eBay specials that include anything close to a high-quality, reliable and acceptable-performance setup. Rather, the included components are extremely sub-par (even in light of pricing), and you will find volumes of internet forum fodder lamenting the same.

I've researched these topics ad nauseam, and have tinkered enough and spent enough money to conclude as follows: There are NO shortcuts to quality lighting. If one wishes to upgrade OEM with a quality, dependable, value-enhancing alternative, there really are only three options (excluding accessory lights such as Rigid LED bars (and Rigid's new DOT lights), Lightforce HIDs (which I run in the front as an accessory), etc.):

1. Purchase the genuine OEM Ford HID lights (including bulbs and ballasts) for the '13+ models. OEM quality of the housings is superb (albeit pricey), and the factory HID setup is decent (but not as good as retrofit options). ~$2,400, last I checked.

2. Research the several forum sponsors who earn their paychecks crafting quality HID retrofitted headlamps using OEM assemblies and, usually, Morimoto-brand components sourced from The Retrofit Source. ~$1,500 - $1,800, depending on assemblies and options.

3. Research the threads here and on HIDplanet to learn how to retrofit one's own OEM (or aftermarket) assemblies with a quality HID kit -- again, thus far, I'm convinced that The Retrofit Source provides the absolute best bang for the buck components. The assemblies are free if you use your own (or you could pick up a spare set reasonably priced (new OEM) at Tasca or like-new (used) via the classifieds here). Then, $300 will get you checked out at TRS with a kit that will outperform OEM, while providing components and service that you can trust. I'm in the middle of my own retrofit, ironically, and while I've learned a few lessons along the way, I'm extremely happy with my project.

All of the above being said, however, some of the headlight housings noted in the thread above provide a pretty good foundation for a retrofit. While OEM housing quality is top-notch, the aftermarket housings can be opened much easier, and, if meticulously and properly sealed after the fact, should be great foundations for an HID retrofit. $200 for housings plus $300 at TRS = a phenomenal improvement and bang for the buck.

Last edited by Greywalls; 05-29-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:59 PM

Default Yes

I do they're pretty great

Quick Reply: Anyone Have These Aftermarket Projectors?