Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Lund "Rock Rails" on their truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 11:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Anyone have Lund "Rock Rails" on their truck?

I'd like to see pictures of anyone's 2009-2014 model with these "Rock Rails" on them. The main reason I'm interested is because they look like they tuck better to the body and provide protection from rocks and other stuff flung up from the back roads. Any thoughts or suggestions on these?
Old 02-07-2016, 12:07 AM
for fastening fabric

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Get some raptor take-off running boards. I got mine, brand new, for $250. They cover the area behind my front wheels extremely well. Gravel roads are a symphony of rocks smashing into my aluminum steps, and rattles in the cab from taking washboards way too fast in the past.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:35 AM

That isn't a bad price. Are they higher than the factory FX4 /STX running boards? I feel like the factory steps sit too low for me. I'm 6'0 and rarely use my steps unless I'm parked on an odd angle. I end up banging my shins on them most of the time but haven't removed them because I feel like they protect the sides of my truck.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:13 PM

Received 173 Likes on 116 Posts

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/264...ck-Guards.html

are these the ones you were looking at? I'm considering them too, was wondering if anyone had photos on their truck - especially a supercab
Old 03-19-2016, 08:39 PM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta3
I'd like to see pictures of anyone's 2009-2014 model with these "Rock Rails" on them. The main reason I'm interested is because they look like they tuck better to the body and provide protection from rocks and other stuff flung up from the back roads. Any thoughts or suggestions on these?
Well "rock rails" is somewhat a misnomer with most aftermarket product options. Even Raptor side boards (which I have on mine) mount to same pinch locations as other F150 rather than being frame mounted for serious stuff. Raptor side boards are fine for me, since I'll never take my truck where I routinely take my jeep (twice this week, including today). You'll see in picture links (mine plus damaged Raptor) what I mean. After all, Raptor boards are primarily available 'cus desert racers (or owners that want that "look") removed them for more stout versions.

If you can find a set of primo Raptor boards for fair price, go for it. If not, perhaps consider a pair of RCI "steps" which utilize the middle pinch holes on the rocker that otherwise aren't with OEM boards. I like RCI products (have a complete set of their skids on my truck) but they still only make them for S-Crew config.
http://www.rcimetalworks.com/09-14-F...0-09-13-05.htm

Originally Posted by safetypin
Get some raptor take-off running boards. I got mine, brand new, for $250. They cover the area behind my front wheels extremely well. Gravel roads are a symphony of rocks smashing into my aluminum steps, and rattles in the cab from taking washboards way too fast in the past.
I paid just slightly more than that for mine over a year ago. Hard to find then and even harder now in nice shape (especially S-Cab like mine) with Raptor out of production nearly 2 years. I'm seeing sets for S-Crew advertised in most local CL regional area asking $1000 pair - firm!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:25 PM

yeah they aren't real rock rails, but the RCI aren't made for supercabs - mostly I'm looking for something to give me a chance of avoiding body damage when I go a little too far and shoulda taken the jeep ... an audible "time to go back" if you will
Old 03-19-2016, 10:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

http://accessoryproshop.com/Magnum-RT-Steps

These are what I have on my truck and I like em. They tuck under nicely and protect under the doors and I think they look pretty sharp
Old 03-19-2016, 11:02 PM

wow, just found the lund rockrails on Walmart ..... ordered!

Lund 26410015 Black Finish Steel Rock Rail for Ford F150 Super Cab $151.64
Old 03-20-2016, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Raineman
http://accessoryproshop.com/Magnum-RT-Steps

These are what I have on my truck and I like em. They tuck under nicely and protect under the doors and I think they look pretty sharp
Man, those things do look good. I like the looks of their bumpers too.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cowpig
wow, just found the lund rockrails on Walmart ..... ordered!

Lund 26410015 Black Finish Steel Rock Rail for Ford F150 Super Cab $151.64
Wow, that's a good deal if those are the same ones. Walmart's picture is different on the website. Let me know if those are actually them when you receive them and not something like rocker panel covers.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Lund "Rock Rails" on their truck?